Civivi backlash

Has anybody reviewed or own the civivi baklash?
I have seen some reviews on youtube. The action is good but the steel is not the best.

I've got a Baklash in black G-10. It's easily my favorite knife <$50. Great blade design and geometry. Pete from Cedric & Ada tested the same steel (9Cr18Mov) in a Civivi Praxis. It tested very well for a "budget" steel, with edge retention kind of like VG-10, I think. It's supposed to be very corrosion-resistant. I'm pretty agnostic to steel differences myself. I'll sharpen my knives when needed. I like to think my knives won't corrode easily, but otherwise I rarely choose a knife based on steel. I can't say I've used mine enough yet to need to sharpen it.

I really like the Baklash for the price; mine was $38.50 with an online coupon. The blade stock is 0.118 inches thick, and it's 0.012 inches behind the edge, great slicer, which I really like. The handle is extremely comfortable for my XL hand. Solid grip and a perfect cutout on the blade spine for my thumb. Nice, strong detent and solid lockup. If you really want washers instead of bearings, you're out of luck, but I'm really impressed by the nice, smooth closing action at this price. I like the G-10 better than some of the thin CF coating over G-10 Civivi puts on some of their knives. Nicely functional deep carry clip as well. What's not to like?

VQUcX6b.jpg

RSdfhX2.jpg

nPdMLMa.jpg

Back