Civivi Elementum CF/Damascus

Got a few new toys in today. But the Civivi was the first to claim pocket time. First impression, pretty sweet set of features for under a C-note (and half that price for a D2/G10 combo). Nice bearing action on the beautiful damascus blade. And the matte finish CF/G10 laminate looks great. The deep ride clip didn't jump out and grab me visually, but seems to work fine with my jeans.

So from right out of the box...to a little close-up inspection...a few dozen flips to verify smooth, consistent, and grit free action....next, possibly the biggie for most people I imagine, my Blue Press catalog paper cut tests. Cuts were pretty good untouched, but mucho grande better after a few strop swipes (glassed hardened, board mounted, veg tanned leather, loaded with 4 micron CBN).

TMI? Yeah, maaayyybe. But I gots problems, and loves me new knives. :D:cool::thumbsup:

C4Qfgac.jpg

Nice haul.

But you do realize that Damascus and Damasteel blades are acid etched to bring out the pattern? So as you use it the pattern will wear back to smooth steel. Or actually it will wear off in certain places and remain in others and will end up looking pretty motley.

Maybe possible. But I have other knives for batoning redwood. Would have to open a LOT of mail and package tape to polish off the etching. That's assuming I don't give it away to someone that opens even less mail than me. Though this one may be a keeper. I'm liking it so far.

That looks great, I'll be on the lookout for one of those when I can.

And of course, you can always re-etch the blade if it becomes too unsightly, fairly easy to do, may want to sand it all to an even grit before hand.

G2

Back