Civivi Elementum EDC - thoughts/others?

Hi folks. I have really enjoyed carrying the Civivi Elementum over the last month. Just a regular D2 with black G10. Anyone else have a favorite inexpensive EDC? I tend to fluctuate pretty quickly but this is the longest time I have stuck to one just because it does everything I need it to quickly and efficiently. I had to finally do a quick sharpening on it and it basically ultra-fine/stropped back to shaving sharp in a few minutes. Good stuff and i'll probably try something else Civivi related next. Tried the rustic gent and it's gorgeous and super sharp, but i couldn't get used to "what seemed like" the many more steps to taking the knife out, opening with 2 hands and closing with two hands, then putting back into the slip.

Last edited:
I enjoy carrying my Elementum as well! My other favorite, inexpensive EDCs include the Ontario R2D2 and various SAKs, e.g. Compact and alox Cadet.

The Civivi Baklash is always a good choice. It's a size up from the Elementum so it might fill a different EDC role. As far as cost, you can get the fancy one with ebony scales (pictured below) for just a few dollars more than your Elementum. Civivi does a really nice job with their 9Cr18Mov too. It performs better than most Chinese D2 in my experiences and I'm not alone in noticing that.

CIVIVI-Baklash-Flipper-LL-Ebony-Wood-Satin-C801E-BHQ-99574-jr-bottlecap.webp

If you want something closer in size to the Elementum that's just a little fancier, check out the Kizer Gemini in Micarta. It's just a hair larger but also a bit lighter. The blade is thinner for better slicing and uses a better steel. Mine snaps open beautifully. The Micarta looks and feels great. They nested the liners for Micarta all the way around. My only complaint is that they left the inner scale edges raw. It's not a big deal but given how comfortable the knife is otherwise, I had to do something about it. When I had the knife apart for maintenance, I lightly touched up the inner scale edges with an emery board. It only took a few minutes and now they feel fantastic in hand. (Like the Civivi knives, this one was easy to disassemble and had clean internals out of the box.)

Kizer-Cutlery-Gemini-Linerlock-Brown-Micarta-BHQ-115673-LS-Bottlecap.webp

Back