Clam shell rapier guards!

So, this is my first post to the blade forums, thank you all for any information you can give me an advance.

I need to forge a few clam shell rapier guards and I am finding it extraordinarily difficult for some reason to find anyone that sells good steel plates. I have in the past only ever salvaged my steel or bought steel from another smith in the area, so now that I'm trying to search the web for a good steel supplier I'm coming up short. I need everything from bar stock and round stock to large plates for the occasional armor piece and in this case shell rapier guards. If any of you would be so kind as to let me know of a good website where I can find all this stuff that would make my day.

I live in the United States, Jacksonville Florida. If any of you are from the area, let me know if there is anything local I'm missing.

Speedy metals Online metals, and most every ebay steel supplier will have the metal. It will be at your door in a day or two.

A small hobby type plasma cutter will also help you make shaped guards.

Sheffield isn't too far of a drive down in Orange Florida. Used to be a Jax resident but not longer in that area. They're good people with tons of supplies. I would drive there and walk through their warehouse and handpick what I wanted. Always a great experience.

Back