Class action against Spyderco???

deleted subject by user

[This message has been edited by Blilious (edited 02-14-2000).]

Don't just delete the content!!!
mad.gif
Whaddya thinking?
rolleyes.gif
That's how NASTY rumors get started. :s
If there was something the message that was wrong or stupid, then say it was wrong or stupid. At this point, all I can assume is that there is a class action suit against Spyderco! If that is wrong, then there should be either a retraction in the thread, or the thread should be deleted in its entirety: No subject, no thread, no rumor, nothing.
mad.gif

------------------
"Absolute safety is for those who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

My God - I was waiting for an answer to this post for what seems like eternity - and then realized nobody understands my sense of humor and tried to delete it.

Its hard enough to post something you think is funny and be ridiculed for - but it is allot harder not to get any response at all!!

So - after I failed to delete it - I figured - if no one is reading it - then no one will care if I erase it all.

Then you guys came along...

The original post was something like that:

After having dinner and some wine I finally showed my wife the new spyderench I got (which is an amazing gizmo unlike anything I had the pleasure to have before).

My wife said this spyderco company keeps making those wickedly beautiful products so suckers like me will go on buying them even though we have more knives then we will ever need (this is the part I didn't understand..)

She suggested all the wives would file a class action against Spyderco.

Well - as long as I am the lawyer in this house - no such thing shall happen.

That is, as long as Sal and company will continue to make us these beautiful creatures...

Sorry if this upsets anyone.

Thanks Ewok - That's very kind of you
wink.gif

I work Sundays (Saturday is the day off in Israel) and it seemed like nobody was paying any attention....
smile.gif

Blilious, patience is a virtue that will serve you in good stead on the forums and email in general.

Now you know that BF members regard deleted posts with the same aplomb as finding a chip on the edge of their blade
smile.gif

Thanks for the followup post.

Heck, I thought the original post should have stayed. Lord knows my wife probably thought such evil thoughts at one time or another. Until she needed a knife, anyways, and reached into her purse for her own Spydie.
wink.gif

------------------
Don LeHue

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings...they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

Originally posted by Longden:
Now you know that BF members regard deleted posts with the same aplomb as finding a chip on the edge of their blade
smile.gif

ROTFLMAO!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
But you are right.

Blilious, I am very sorry for the tone that my post took. I had intended the tone to be ridiculously abusive and angry at the beginning (for some humor effect -- yeah right
rolleyes.gif
), and then tone down a little but explain why I was didn't think the body of the orginal message be deleted. Looking back at it, it came out TOTALLY wrong, and I'm sorry.
redface.gif

Live and learn. Hopefully I will live long, because it is obvious I have a lot more learning to do.

------------------
"Absolute safety is for those who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

[This message has been edited by rockspyder (edited 02-16-2000).]

Blilious-I think you failed to see how a topic (in a manufacturer`s forum) containing the phrase "class action suit" needs SOME explaination! If it was a joke, your topic NEEDS the context of your post to be seen as a joke. Otherwise, you leave the impression that there`s some sort of legal action going on against Spyderco. That`s not your typical, lightweight, harmless rumor. You could have just deleted your entry and put "Sorry, joke gone south.." or something....ANYTHING!

Seriously, we need to think before we post, and think TWICE before we delete! This is a public forum. Lot`s of folks will be reading what we write here. Post responsibly.

[This message has been edited by Steve B. (edited 02-17-2000).]

But don't quit posting.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Steve B. - point taken - thank you very much.

It was a joke and it was meant in the best intention - but as you can see - it went south (all the way to the South Pole)

I'll think harder before posting anything like that in the future.

I said it before and I'll say it again - I'm sorry and I apologize for the whole thing.

[This message has been edited by Blilious (edited 02-18-2000).]

For the record. There are NO suits in action against Spyderco at this time. High class or low class.

sal

I don't appreciate that kind of humor. Send me all your Spydercos or I'll get mildly peevish.

Burke - thats lawyers humor for you
redface.gif

I will not send you ANY of my Spydercos - I love them too much.

BTW - whats peevish??

Ryan,

My original intention was to make people laugh, get them to react and tell how their spouse is looking at this expensive addiction of ours (sorry - "recreational hobby")

It turned out lousy - mainly because I did not have the patience to wait for reaction and in my ignorance to the outcome deleted the post while leaving the subject.

I regret that, and hope to be wiser in the future.

Back