• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Classic Bowie

This is my rendition of one of the Classic Bowie designs of the late 1800s. Its a large knife, over fourteen inches. This is the size knife that I believe I would like to have handy if I were living on the early frontier, defended by only one shot from a muzzle loader. Enough said about defense. As most of my knives are, it is made from sawmill blade steel. This blade is L-6 carbon, ground and acid etched for effect and to slow down on any rusting. The "S" guard is forged from milder steel, heated and oil quenched as is the butt cap.

The blade is 9 1/8" X 2 1/8" at the widest point and 3/16" thick.
Handle 5 3/16" Curly Maple with one steel pin.

NOTEOn picture #2 (left side of the knife) there is a darker area near the tip. That is caused by mild patena that became apparent to me only after the etching process. I elected to leave it due to the period look. Normally when I leave this, there are areas on the entire blade that add to the aged look. For that reason I am offering this knife at a reduced rate.

This one sells for----SOLD ----$165.00---- and shipped for that price in the US. Payment can be made through PayPal lnrwalker@bellsouth.net , M.O. or personal check.

As always satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back.

BF0502002.jpg

BF0502003.jpg
BF0502004.jpg

BF0502005.jpg

BF0502007.jpg

BF0502006.jpg

BF0502001.jpg

Last edited:
Griz, that is a very good looking piece you made. Someone is going to get a very unique and functional knife... Nice Work!
Ray

I'd love to give her a good home if she's still available. That's very solid, serviceable and good looking combination of knife and sheath there!

Crud! Dangers of quick reply, didn't see the deal done above. Enjoy the Bowie Rule, looks like a nice piece. Griz, I'll keep an eye out for future work, you do solid work for more than fair prices from what I've seen!

Back