Review Classic Carbon Steel

Any of you all recommend the classic carbon series from Rough Ryder? I've been thinking about getting one but i'm wondering is the carbon steel any good on them? Have any of you all used one before or have one? Would you all recommend one? I've been thinking about getting the classic carbon stockman Rough Ryder makes.

I have the Classic Carbon whittler. My only beef is that the bolsters are a little overdone. The stockman appears to have the same bolster treatment. Otherwise, it’s a nicely done knife, not quite up to the Case Seahorse Whittler, but not far off. Mine has not seen enough use to take a patina, but I gather it takes one well enough. If you are tempted, just buy it.

My last two RRs have been very nice, the 2038 work knife and the sowbelly stockman in green micarta.

I have the Classic Carbon whittler. My only beef is that the bolsters are a little overdone. The stockman appears to have the same bolster treatment. Otherwise, it’s a nicely done knife, not quite up to the Case Seahorse Whittler, but not far off. Mine has not seen enough use to take a patina, but I gather it takes one well enough. If you are tempted, just buy it.

My last two RR have been very nice, the 2038 work knife and the sowbelly stockman in green micarta.

Thank you. My father-in-law just got a RR work knife that's in classic carbon and it can get wickedly sharp. I have my eye on the RR classic carbon stockman.

Back