Cleaning up around the shop a little

with the start of the forum what better time then to dismantle my bench and get things a little better organized?? who am I kidding, nothings organized.... So I'm going to fix that as I need to be productive if I expect to start slamming out some knives..

It started with a little sweeping, next thing I knew I was side tracked and taking everything off the bench, I then decided to paint it with some left over epoxy I had from a job..

wished I would have taken a pic with all the stuff scattered everywhere on the bench, you can't tell from the pic but there is a slew of stuff on the floor and all over the place back to the kiln, under it over it..
IMG_3471.jpg

Here is the first coat, while the bench if fairly new this part of the plywood was a little split up...
IMG_3473.jpg

More to come as I progress, I intend to paint another coat tomorrow morning before work.. Then I'll try to organize enough where I can at least do a little grinding before I leave Tuesday night.... Really wished I was staying so I could work on some more blades, I need something to post up here on the forum :D

Last edited:
Hey dude, I was curious. Do you use anything to collect the metal dust that comes off the machines as you grind/sharpen? or it is just free float and you sweep up what you can later?

mob, I use a box exhaust fan atm but intend to expand that to the next level for exhaust.. also need to add a dust collection system...

so far my clean up has been a joke, I moved a few things around and started making knives again, now everything is in disarray...

I will have to spend a few moments just to get with the program and post another pic of things a bit more organized, hopefully.... :D

I'm going to have to do something, steel is one thing but handles is a whole other animal... stuff floating everywhere,and I have to consider my health first, (God knows I didn't in my teens/twenties)...

Back