• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Clip Point Hunter in A2, Osage and Dyed Japanese Privet

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings and salutations to all! Here’s a new hidden tang design for your consideration, hope you all like it!

Steel is .13” x 1.25” in A2 steel with heat treat/cryo recipe at 60/61. Hand sanded to 1200 grit for a fine satin finish. The edge was .01” before sharpening, it balances just behind the guard. The deep swedge is quite thin too.

Dimensions: 9 5/8” OAL, Tip to guard is 5 1/8” and cutting edge about 4 3/8” with the access choil in front of the guard.

The K&G dyed and stabilized Japanese Privet and Osage Orange handle is sculpted for a very comfortable fit and has white and green fiber spacers behind the blued steel guard. It’s sanded to 1200 grit and waxed.

Still using Imgrrrr until they get the photo limits issue sorted. Imgrrr compresses a lot so if you want full resolution I'll get 'em to ya.

Price is $180 to your US door, and of course your satisfaction is my only priority. Paypal (G&S Only please), check or MO, and the price includes fees and free shipping in the US.

Thanks so much for looking and please feel free to ask anything here or via PM.

John Cahoon

Hi Jack, yup Osage is a great wood. I have a thing for light colored woods, olive, acacia etc.

Back