clip point steelheart found!

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
What a find! Walking around the Eugene OR knifeshow and there is a NIB clip point steelheart. Got it for a song and then found Andre's table and he told me it's 1 of only 45 with this handle surface. It has the crinkle finish with funky grooved handle over the entire handle surface.I think this 1 will have to remain a play knife till I decide to let her go. Almost a shame not to use it though. Anyone who could have gone but didn't missed an awesome show!

[This message has been edited by Bill Siegle (edited 04-24-2001).]

Hey, Bill.

Congratulations on the find!
Got any pics of the handle?
Go ahead and use it so it'll be cheaper for whoever buys it from you
tongue.gif

I need to get out to some shows-no telling what I miss.

Here is a pic of Bill's clip point SH.

View

[This message has been edited by OwenM (edited 04-23-2001).]

That's really beautiful! The variations with the straight handled knives are incredible. I'll say it again Jerry, you are making a big mistake dropping the straight handled line.

It's not to late though!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"KEEP IT SIMPLE"

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way"

WTF,

It's not too late to still buy one on the secondary market you mean????

Ohhhhh. . . . I bet you mean it's not too late to reintroduce the straight handled line. . . . .hey, let me give that some thought. . . . . uhhhh. . .not gonna happen. . .. but nice try.

Yours in nuclear straight handles that are gone forevah . . .

Jerry Busse

What should go is your "E" models.
tongue.gif

------------------
"KEEP IT SIMPLE"

WTF,

They are going. . . . faster than we can make them.

I'm starting to get the impression that you may favor the straight handles. . . of course, I could be wrong.

Yours in nuclear counter-instigation,

Jerry Busse

If you are that dead set on getting a straight model, buy one of the bent ones, pound it into a stump and pull up on the handle until it is straight. Now you have a straight handle model with a nice textured grip.

PS - pick the stump of a big tree, at least 12" or more because otherwise all that will happen is that you will make a big hole in the ground when you tear the roots free of the dirt.

-Cliff

I swear to God it almost looks like Cliff Stamp made a joke about a knife. If Cliff has a sense of humor about knife-testing, can Hell freezing over be far behind?
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

The reason "E" models are going out faster than you can make them Jerry, because you are NOT MAKING THE STRAIGHT HANDLE KNIVES ANYMORE!

Yours,

------------------
"KEEP IT SIMPLE"

[This message has been edited by Jerry Busse (edited 04-23-2001).]

The forums were meant to be a place where people could come together and post their views or comments on a particular knife or subject. It was not meant to enforce one view or another. If you like the straight handle model better, then good for you. Products continually change or they become stagnent in the marketplace. I'm sure when the current Corvette came out not everyone liked it, eventhough, it did show a marked improvement in performance over the previous model. If you really want another straight handle model than just look at the new 6 inch coming out.
Yours in nuclear improvement(whether you like it or not)
Andrew Pinchen
Busse Combat Forum Moderator

I was just wondering if the above clip point SHII is just another option in blade style(i.e. done for aesthetics), or if there would be a reason behind desiring it over the traditional Busse drop point found on the E's and most SHII's?
That is, are there pro's and con's to choosing the clip point or drop point?

Is there a sacrifice made in tip strength on the particular clip point pictured?
How about for chopping....it appears there would be less mass towards the blade end, making for less powerful chops?

I know with other maker's knives, when given the choice of a clip point or spear point.....there are reasons behind them. For instance, spear point for stabbing, prying, digging. Clip point for finer work, sharper point for certain types of stabbing, more tip belly for cutting.

[This message has been edited by slag (edited 04-23-2001).]

Just where were all these guys for all the years that the straight handles were the ONLY offering????
rolleyes.gif

------------------
The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.
Take the Test...

Back