clip screw question

Hi all, I am a big Spyderco fan, but have been getting some more benchmade's recently. I was finally able to score a lightly used 470 Emissary with gray scales and was trying to tighten up the pocket clip after bending it for more tension, and I sort of stripped the top screw some getting it back on. I used a torx that was a hair too large I think. Not sure what size it was as the bit is cheap and unmarked. Question is does anyone know where I can get a new clip screw and what size torx it is? Thanks!

..or send it in.
I had my 910D2 rehab'ed there very recently and it came back looking like new. For free!

If you call benchmade and ask for a new clip for your knife they send it out with replacement screws, as long as you didn't mess up where they seat and/or can get the old one out then it shouldn't be an issue.

I will Monday for sure. Just trying to get a heads up on here first to see if any members know.

Calling Benchmade is all you need to do. They send out clips and screws for free. You need a T6 for the clip screws and a T8 for the pivot. If you stripped the head some, you might need a T7 in order to get enough bite to turn the screw.

Back