Coating or stonewashed?

Hello guys,

Even though i never started a thread on this sub-forum, the fact is that i like CS knives a lot.
I had a Lawman and a mini Lawman.
For several reasons sold them and now i own a Mini Recon and an old generation Lawman with liners...wich i like better by the way:D
So, i'm aware of the new awesome blades coming in 2015 with the new steel and coating wich is kind of great!
Don't get me wrong, i love the steel but the coating...i'm not too fond of black blades to be honest.
The good thing about the old coating is that it could be taken off pretty easily:D
I really like the stonewash underneath.
Now, with the new DLC that won't be the case anymore.
So, what do you think, are you all for it or not?

thanks guys :)

I don't like black blades. I probably wont buy any of the ones with coatings. Stonewashed is my favorite for an edc blade. I wish they would offer all of their blades with stonewash option.

I feel exactly the same way.

I don't have any black blades, and really don't like coatings, or have a use for them, personally. However, I am really interested in the new Recon 1 XL, but I am not so sure I will be able to remove the DLC coating successfully.

Satin, stonewashed, polished or anything but coated! (Please :) )

I don't like black blades. I probably wont buy any of the ones with coatings. Stonewashed is my favorite for an edc blade. I wish they would offer all of their blades with stonewash option.

:thumbup:

Although I might consider some of the coated ones now that its DLC instead of the old stuff.

I'd love to see more uncoated options in general. Both new steels are plenty corrosion resistant. Just no bead blasts.

I don t like black blades. I really don t see the advantage of coating the blades. I believe the change in steels could make the Cold Steel brand more interesting to many customers. Good luck with the new direction.

I like removing the paint or watching it wear on a coated blade. DLC doesn't come off and does absolutely nothing to prevent corrosion so I am disappointed to read that it will be used on the new releases. I hope that is not the case.

I like removing the paint or watching it wear on a coated blade. DLC doesn't come off and does absolutely nothing to prevent corrosion so I am disappointed to read that it will be used on the new releases. I hope that is not the case.

Exactly:thumbup:

I don't mind coated blades, but I do usually end up stripping them. I absolutely love the stonewash on my Spartan.

LQrkJf2.jpeg

I hate scratched up blades. I only buy stonewashed now. I like it's scratch resistant 'look'. Aus 8 steel is perfectly adequate for my needs. In my opinion, the only redeeming quality of the painted blades are their rust resistance. My only remaining coated CS blade is an unused mini-Recon.

Last edited:
My self No black blades or stone washed . I don't like either one I want a nice shine to my blades.

Back