"Cobra hood"?

Have any of you guys heard about this? I think it was mentioned in thread in practical tactical, it was described as a sort of cross between the opening hole and thumb stud, that would be great :) anyone know if it's final, release dates or which knives it's going to be available on?
Or have i been dreaming?
Appreciate any info.

This is the easiest, most obvious thing that nobody ever thought of... I had the opportunity to handle a couple of the prototypes (ATR & a mockup of what may be called the Salsa if & when it ever hits production) at the NYC show and it's a dynamite modification. The ATR is (if memory serves) due out in early 2002. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Sal, is the Salsa ever going to see the light of day?
Thx-
Mike

The Salsa is the 1st model scheduled with the Cobra Hood". Should be out in a few months.

sal

Wow! Thanx Sal!!!
OK- the Salsa is something between a Navigator & a Calypso- or something like that. A Very Cool little knife. Compression Lock on this one too? Can't wait.

There are a couple pics posted in Spyderco's own forum, the first one on the list. Believe by Clay Kesting. Also pics of the ATR and another, the name of which now escapes me.

The Cobra Hood is like a thin bevel of steel that protrudes out from the blade spine over the top and rear top area of the hole. Like maybe an 1/8th of an inch or so, on both sides. Means one can use that hood to open blade, much as a stud. Surely also a fallback method, if one's thumb slips from the hole.

Also a couple pics of the Meerkat proto. They just added the ability to attach small pics to posts there.

I searched Spyderco's other forum last night and could find no pics of the Salsa. Being the highly curious creature that I am, I would appreciate a link if possible. Bad form to post it on this forum? Please e-mail it to me then.:D

Back