1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Cocobolo-Handled Hunter

Discussion in 'Delta-Z Knives' started by James Mattis, Jun 22, 2000.

1. James Mattis

James Mattis

Oct 3, 1998
    <A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/DeltaZ/dz5331cb.jpg" TARGET=_blank> [​IMG] </A>

<A HREF="http://www.chaicutlery.com/DeltaZ/dz5331cb-bottom.jpg" TARGET=_blank> [​IMG] </A>

Click on little pics for bigger pics.

Nice satin finish, no flaws or gaps in the wood-metal fit. One little scratch on the quard I can't swear I didn't put there. A couple of sharp corners where a custom maker might have used a little sandpaper to make them more comfy, but they're not where the hands normally go anyway. Sturdy sheath. Tapered tang - nice touch with a street price under $200. Steel is probably 440A, as I recall.

------------------
    - JKM
    www.chaicutlery.com
    AKTI Member # SA00001

[This message has been edited by James Mattis (edited 06-22-2000).]

2. James Mattis

James Mattis

Oct 3, 1998
    Excuse my diagonal reading on the price list. MSRP $129.95.

------------------
    - JKM
    www.chaicutlery.com
    AKTI Member # SA00001

3. BarnZ

BarnZ

Aug 2, 1999
    Thanks for your comments James. Just one clarification - upon checking the metals cross reference listing, the German 1.4116 steel is a NEAR equivalent to 440C, and not 440A. Only our liner locks are using the "A" now.

Your right about that tapered tang, which is good for balance as well as asthetics.

This knife belongs with it's companion axe so be sure to check out the axe and you might just end up with the pair!

Barnaby [​IMG]

------------------
    Proud Bladeforums.com SPONSOR & MODERATOR!
    Please accept my personal invitation to join the new product announcement and special sale list at our web site :
    www.DeltaZ-Knives.com