Coffee

Good to hear you are getting quite a bit of use out of the new roaster, especially considering how much of an investment it was. They had it listed in the description about these being big, I just didn't realize how much bigger. 😁 I'm interested to see how much more they expand after roasting.
I was really on the fence about the new roaster, but my buddy at NASA assured me it would be worth it. Even more so especially since I have been getting paid a little bit to roast coffee for the office. I'm doing a 2# batch every week between the office and my personal use. Pretty happy with the machine so far, but having to recalibrate my expectations for roast progress by temperature. The drum tastes like a darker roast than it really is based on the temperature versus my old air roaster. I'm getting close though.

Those beans will expand a decent amount during roasting. Some Maragogype beans I've roasted in the past looked comically large after roasting.

This is me current brew... The only coffee I've found that smells like I remember coffee smelling when I was a child...

I was really on the fence about the new roaster, but my buddy at NASA assured me it would be worth it. Even more so especially since I have been getting paid a little bit to roast coffee for the office. I'm doing a 2# batch every week between the office and my personal use. Pretty happy with the machine so far, but having to recalibrate my expectations for roast progress by temperature. The drum tastes like a darker roast than it really is based on the temperature versus my old air roaster. I'm getting close though.

Those beans will expand a decent amount during roasting. Some Maragogype beans I've roasted in the past looked comically large after roasting.
I’ve had a natural Guatemalan Margotype beans from Corvus before. Really enjoyed it. I’ve got a natural Ethiopian from Color roasters right now, and the beans are hilariously small

I’ve had a natural Guatemalan Margotype beans from Corvus before. Really enjoyed it. I’ve got a natural Ethiopian from Color roasters right now, and the beans are hilariously small
I had that Corvus one myself! :cool: It’s HARD driving past two of their shops nearly every day (one of the locations I drive by every weekday)!!! I always want to stop in and grab an espresso. But that leads to a macchiato or a single origin pour-over too, or a bag of beans, etc. Not a sustainable daily practice lol! $$$

Picked up an OXO Brew 8-cup coffee maker this week. I mostly just wanted something more convenient to use during the week than doing a manual brew. I've been impressed with the quality and consistency thus far, although it is SCA certified so that was what I kind of expected. I like that it has different settings and filter baskets for the amount you want to brew, yet isn't overly complicated. I also like that it has an automatic bloom function. The thermal carafe pours nicely without dripping everywhere.

It doesn't have the form factor of the Technivorm or the features of some of the other digital/app controlled brewers, but it seems well made and I would recommend it.

Back