Coffin Jack

I only have the one, but it's a good 'un. To me, it isn't all that different from a mid-sized coke bottle frame, which is one I have come to favor.

IK0pYt8.jpg

DguBvm2.jpg
Who is the maker of the fixed blade?

Good question!!!??? I think Bernie and I have never seen a single blade, which is more prevalent in Later knife patterns (we are both old) - but I don't see why a single blade couldn't exist!!
It makes me wonder, because when I think about that single-bladed K'roo lambsfoot with the grim reaper shield that Rufus1949 Rufus1949 has, I think "Coffin Jack."

Another Coffin Pen!!! Small, at 2 7/8" and slim, I can't imagine the skill it takes to craft this 3-blade, tapered-liner Whittler!!!??? Even the pickbone jigging is scaled down to the size of the knife!!!😲
Very little usage signs, with the blade etch still visible, this was a deluxe knife, around 150 years ago!!!
Coffin Whitt A.jpgCoffin Whitt B.jpgCoffin Whitt C.jpgCoffin Whitt D.jpg

View attachment 2495710

These are a new release. I don’t have one yet but it’s a single blade which I prefer. The Winchester shown above is a great knife if you like 2 blades.
Was wondering if anyone posted these. They look nice and while I only own one rosecraft (one of their barlows) it is nice for the price. I like the clip on this one compared to their other offerings.

Was wondering if anyone posted these. They look nice and while I only own one rosecraft (one of their barlows) it is nice for the price. I like the clip on this one compared to their other offerings.
I don’t have one yet. I have their lossathatchie? Jack, the clip point and love it. They also have a single blade gunstock coming out. Planning to get both fairly soon…

Really like the Black Box Winchester version I have, quite a strongly sprung knife with great W&T plus the bone is always pleasing. Decorative bolster with an interesting edged end-cap and the wrap around spring- as seen I believe on the Ettrick pattern, CASE SBJ and GEC 92. Mark of quality finish in my view.

DIGndmH.jpg

You should ask Alain Jolipapa Jolipapa I'm sure he had a Coffin J from another American manufacturer? Maybe I was dreaming....😆
Your memory is good, Will! Here's my Utica Kutmaster in Catskill Trapper finish.

Kut1.jpg

Utica_Coffin-Trapper_Catskill.jpg

Back