Cold Steel 13A Tanto VS SC Special?

K31

How’s it going guys.

What is the difference between Cold Steel 13A Tanto and the Tanto SC Special other than the brass hilt and pommel on the 13A?

I presume the CS had a different blade steel?

Thanks in advance. Great forum by the way, not getting much done at work today…. lol

You must be using a way back machine .. those have not been made for a long, long time. Is the SC a mistype? Cutlery Shoppe had an exclusive run called the Special ??(don't remember), that was the forerunner of the all stainless Tanto. Both had 5.75" blades, but then Cold Steel made the production all stainless Tanto blade 6".

Hi Mike,

Yes, I'm going back 25 plus years! I did fat finger it, the CS Special is the blade I'm referring too. Seems like the only differences between it and the 13A was the stainless hilt and pommel on the Special and it came with two sheaths one kydex and one leather. It was also a limited run and every knife had a serial number.

I did manage to score a mint condition 13A with box and sheath and a matching mini Tanto with box and sheath today! Hell I might grab the Special too! :D

Last edited:
Yes I have one of the limited runs .. great score on the mini Tanto! Congrats!!

Thanks Mike,

Big brown truck dropped of a 01 CS Trailmaster today! I'm on a roll this week!

As you wish!

The Tanto's as I got them. Used some Flitz to clean up the brass. And the Trailmaster!

IMG_4695_zpsvjdasv4f.jpg

IMG_4729_zpsk30mz4q7.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsszpvbj9p.jpg

Back