Cold Steel Cold Steel Bush Ranger

- Clip: One issue that Cold Steel knives sometimes have is an issue with the pocket clip being too tight, and pair that with the scales of many models being rough, means they're a real pocket hem killer. This one isn't. Thanks to the smooth machined G10 scales, this knife slips into your pocket, and the clip has a perfect amount of tension to keep things where they're supposed to be. Additionally, unlike the clips on other Cold Steel knives, this one is a dull satin finish that almost looks like a Ti clip. A very nice touch!

g1NVpKr.jpg

Very nice review with fantastic pictures, thank you. In the first picture it looks as if the clip screws are being guided in sleeves. Is that correct? In older threads I read that the screws are screwed directly into the G10.

Last edited:
Yep it is stout especially that button to unlock the action, it is a slick folder though. I'd love to have one that was upscaled in size by one or two inches, other than that it's a great little knife. Congrats.

Thanks to Quiet Quiet 's enablement, I took receipt of a shiny new knife today.

It has been many years since I bought a Cold Steel folder - the last one I bought had the Axis-style lock and I used the heck out of that blade. It is nice to come back to Cold Steel and find that they can facilitate the production of something that is of such good quality.

I won't do another review - I think Forrest hit all of the high points. I will make a few comments though regarding its size, function, and overall awesomeness.

My first impression is that this is smaller than I expected - Cold Steel has a penchant for making gigantic folders and with some of the reviews calling the Bush Ranger bulky, I was expecting a bit of a brick. Well, it is no brick and one should be able to carry this comfortably - below, you will find some comparison shots with a PM2 and a GEC 23. Obviously, it is thicker than a PM2 but other than that, they are relatively the same size and though the Bush Ranger has a more robust blade, it has a longer cutting edge than the PM2.

The lock on mine was a bit stiff but it is already smoothing out for me after a few dozen openings. The action is smooth, the centering is perfect, and the edge geometry is plenty acceptable for a knife of this type and caliber. It could be thinner but that is what my PM2 is for.

My only nitpick is that with the sculpting of the handle, it is almost too small for my hand - it's kind of weird to be saying that but it is what it is.

Overall, it is a fantastic knife at a great price - I have absolutely no regrets in purchasing this, it's going to get a lot of use.

fyIug8L.jpg

yid5I2M.jpg

REtAuJV.jpg

aXXieWw.jpg

I also like this knife. But I also think I would like the handle to allow another half inch of room for my hand. The handle of the PM2 fits my hand better, as your comparison picture might show.

I also like this knife. But I also think I would like the handle to allow another half inch of room for my hand. The handle of the PM2 fits my hand better, as your comparison picture might show.
I was thinking the same thing. If this knife was scaled up to a 4" or 5" blade and enlarged a bit it would be about perfect. Maybe some day it'll happen.

Reminded me of a joke!!!

Why do hunters make better lovers???????
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
They go further into the Bush,
They shoot twice,
.And they eat what they shoot.......🙃😉!!!

Always liked that one!!!!

Quiet Quiet I can remove this if you don't want it with your awesome review.....
And awesome review it is!👍

Recently picked one up… luckily only spent $75 on it after a little dickering on the Bay. Exceptional knife, even if I had paid a hundo. I love the feel of the contoured grip. I love that the clip is darn near normal, a departure for CS as we all know. The blade is practical, sane, and came very sharp. My only gripes, and it’s really just nitpicking, is the Wave-style thumb plate thingy. It is perfectly functional, I personally would just prefer thumb studs in this format… and the cartoonish billboarding. Neither are enough to make this a no-go for me, I think it’s a winner.

Back