Cold Steel English Back sword.

New member here. Thank you for having me.

At the SBG sword forum we are in discussion about this new Cold Steel mortuary sword.
The review can be read here: https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/thread/48266/cold-steel-mortuary-sword-review?page=1
As can be seen , we have some problems with it.
The biggest gripe is that the thickness at guard of the examples bought by SBG members falls way under the 6 mm as advertised by CS.
As sword nuts, we know that there will be variations in thickness, after all these blades are handmade, but a pattern emerges that the thickness is quite constantly around the 4mm mark and that's too far out.
5+mm to 6+mm would be correct. The sword in the review is 4.6mm thick.
Even for a Windlass replica and these mortuaries are made by Windlass as far as I can tell, the tolerances are way out.
Most of us have tried to contact CS by email, but so far there is no reponse, which troubles us.
So, if a CS rep wants to react, he/she can do it here, or on SBG or contact me at my email address.
We really are looking forward to a fruitfull and friendly discussion.
Edit: KOA lists the sword now at 4mm thick at the guard: http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=CS88SEB&name=Cold+Steel+-+English+Backsword

Item 2:

I have bought mine at Midway USA via a US SBG member friend. He reviewed it, see the review link above, and then send it to me in Europe.
Somewhat convoluted, but I still got it under the rather overdone Euro price. If I would have to pay the full Euro price I would not have done it in the first place.
I would like to know if, in the event CS would be willing to swap thin bladed swords for 6mm swords, I would have a chance to swap mine too.
Sending it back to the States is not really an option, but there are lots of CS outlets in Europe.
Could we talk about this please?
Thank you very much,

Cheers, Ulahn.

Last edited:
Most of us have tried to contact CS by email, but so far there is no reponse, which troubles us.

Cold Steel almost never responds to emails. If you want to talk to Cold Steel customer service, you need to call them.

Back