1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cold Steel Finn Wolf Custom Etched

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by MythrilBlades, Jan 24, 2018.

1. MythrilBlades

MythrilBlades

Jan 18, 2017
    Back at it again! As promised I have finally finished the Cold Steel Finn Wolf. I etched the blade lock-bar and pocket clip. The whole project took me anywhere from 35-40 hours in total. Pictures and videos really cant capture the work in its fullness because unlike engraved surfaces this method produces mirror like patterns... which can only truly be appreciated when viewed in your hand in person. I plan to put it up for sale once I get the maker/service provider membership.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    SAME KNIFE JUST DIFFERENT LIGHTING MAKES HANDLE LOOK LIGHTER
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Roamad, willc, uxo2 and 3 others like this.
  2. JasonJ

JasonJ

Oct 28, 2014
    Beautiful work!

Is this acid etched or hand engraved?

3. Roamad

Roamad

Feb 1, 2016
    Amazing. Without doubt the nicest Finn Wolf on planet Earth.

4. MythrilBlades

MythrilBlades

Jan 18, 2017
    It is acid etched but done by hand to such detail it appears engraved. I like the fact that unlike engraved surfaces the way I etch produces mirror like patterns. These mirror like patterns give off the illusion of movement as different colors and angles of light hit it. Its a lot of work but the final product is definitely worth it.