Cold steel is really the best.

After owning many knives in the same price range, and even some more expensive ones, they really are the best. Practically indestructible, locks that absolutely will not close, better edge geometry best ergonomics and practicality of the shape and design, and perfect heat treat for the steel used. I will probably be sticking to their products mainly from now on. Even their cheapos (kudu, roach belly etc) are excellent.

They are certainly very good knives when compared to others in their price range, or even compared to more expensive knives.

Plus they also do crazy fun knives.

That tri ad lock by demko Is a home run. Might be the most reliable lock out there IMO. I agree edge geometry, reliability, toughness wise there isn't a folder within 3 times the price of the recon/ak that out does cold steel.

I've owned a few in my day and could never find much I didn't like about them.

I stray from time to time, but I keep coming back to Cold Steel (just got my American Lawman today in the mail WOOT!). They're not gonna suit everyone's tastes, but for me they're pretty much my go-to knife company. :thumbup::cool:

I own knives by just about every knife company out there.

I have found myself going back to Cold Steel, even for knives that I never thought that I would like.

They have really stepped it up over the past few years, Andrew Demko has great designs.

I'm afraid to count but I'm pretty sure I have over 75 Cold Steel items including swords, hawks, spears ,canes, bats, axes and of course knives. I think that the huge array of products, mostly affordable ,that CS offers, does make the company unique among it's competitors. I always get excited when it's time for CS to unveil it's new catalogue because I know I'm going to like more than a few of the new offerings.

their tied for my favorite brand right now but in some instances they edge out as the front runner because of their XL defensive blades

I own a LOT of Cold Steel stuff, though in all honesty, I almost never carry any of it. Don't get me wrong, it's not the quality, it's just, well, I don't do anything with my knives that requires the strength of the triad lock, so for my daily tasks, I prefer something smaller/lighter than most CS offerings...say, a Spyderco Native or a Kershaw Oso Sweet.

Of course, if I was going some place I considered dangerous/questionable or something, I'd probably slip an XL Voyager or Talwar into my pocket instead, if I was gonna be camping/hiking or something otherwise outdoorsy, I might go with a Rajah 2...

I stray from time to time, but I keep coming back to Cold Steel (just got my American Lawman today in the mail WOOT!). They're not gonna suit everyone's tastes, but for me they're pretty much my go-to knife company. :thumbup::cool:

:thumbup:

Cold Steel and Spyderco are my go-to knife companies. They are the two companies I feel put the most effort into their products in the knife market. I know, when a CS or Spyderco model hits the market, that it has been tested to its limits and beyond. It also helps that both Lynn Thompson and Sal Glesser are knife knuts like the rest of us. I don't get that vibe from other companies' owners/management.

Back