Cold steel magnum kukri machete

Hello all, I just ordered a Cold Steel Magnum Kurki Machete on impulse. What is everyone's thoughts on this particular machete design? Is it practical and how much work do I need do to get a good working edge on this blade?

Mine came with a wickedly bad wire edge. Rolled and dulled instantly with use. It only took a few minutes with a diamond stone to get it sharp. No issues since.

It is a handy tool.

It could do with a bit of distal taper, though. It would help the balance.

Cold Steel's older machetes basically come with no edge, you'll have to work on them yourself. Newer models seem to come with a functional edge, but a lot of people will still probably want to touch them up a bit.

Got one years ago. Works well around here, even used it to hack a trail through the bush in the winter once. I just run a file across the edge. It's probably lying frozen somewhere in my trunk at the moment.

I just ordered one to go with my CS "Heavy" Machete.
I like the CS machete's, even if they do need a bit of work to put a useable edge on them. They are not made of recycled auto fenders in Pakistan, like most of those you find in stores.

A good small-ish half round fine file is a wise investment for a machete like that. I have the shorter one and it really needed some work

Back