Cold Steel Medium Warcraft Fixed Blade Knife 5.5" Tanto Point San-Mai III Satin Blade G-10, now on sale under $100 !

Welp ...wouldn't trade this for my 3V DLC Warcraft , but assuming the San Mai is still has great HT , this might be worth it ?

This has the G-10 , rather than the Grivory found on the 4034 Warcraft models .

Looks like they changed the Warcraft design somewhat ? I don't know how it compares to the old style .

The San Mai version is a great knife. I recently purchased one from "that place" on sale, liked it so much that I ordered another!

Cold Steel Warcraft Tanto Medium 5.5

Could someone with a Warcraft Tanto tell me where they are being made?
What does it say on the right side ricasso?

Mine arrived yesterday.

It is a nice knife.

IIRC when it was announced I said it would be a good knife if it was priced at around $140.00 and this was $40.00 less.

I got one a couple years ago. It was made in Italy. I guess things have changed. I really like mine, but the sheath was horrible. Hopefully the new ones have a sheath that fits rather than one that dulls the knife and is very difficult to remove the knife from. I ended up having a sheath made for mine.

I got one a couple years ago. It was made in Italy. I guess things have changed. I really like mine, but the sheath was horrible. Hopefully the new ones have a sheath that fits rather than one that dulls the knife and is very difficult to remove the knife from. I ended up having a sheath made for mine.
My sheath seems to fit perfectly. Holds it very secure but not that hard to remove. No rattle. I finally learned to hold the top of the blade firmly against the top of the sheath when taking in and out after owning so may knives with molded sheaths. Spyderco seems to be the worse in that aspect.

My sheath seems to fit perfectly. Holds it very secure but not that hard to remove. No rattle. I finally learned to hold the top of the blade firmly against the top of the sheath when taking in and out after owning so may knives with molded sheaths. Spyderco seems to be the worse in that aspect.
I am glad yours fits well. I bought mine a few years ago. Hopefully CS has improved the sheath.

I did pick one of these up and I like it a lot. I do really like the handle as I imagined I would. And I do find the blade a bit short as I also thought I would, since I'm used to Recon Tanto's. But overall it's a nice, well balanced knife that I think is a keeper. I have zero interest in the 4034 model.

Cold Steel

The Cold Steel Medium Warcraft Fixed Blade Knives are noticeably thicker than many of the knives on the market today. With tough reinforced tips, elegantly curved cutting edges and sturdy one-piece construction, they are designed to soak up punishment while delivering unprecedented performance. Made from the highest quality materials, each Warcraft Tanto's blade features a stout flat ground primary cutting edge and a chisel ground secondary blade bevel, both hand honed to hair popping sharpness. The intersection of these two blade bevels (The Yakote) forms a wickedly effective secondary point that allows for a devastating snap cut. The taper-ground thick, full tang, is encased in 3D machined textured and ergonomic scales, making the Warcraft series comfortable and secure in hand, and equally at home as a reliable workhorse or life-saving combat knife.

I did pick one of these up and I like it a lot. I do really like the handle as I imagined I would. And I do find the blade a bit short as I also thought I would, since I'm used to Recon Tanto's. But overall it's a nice, well balanced knife that I think is a keeper. I have zero interest in the 4034 model.
They make a 7.5" version if you need a little more blade. Then there's the 12" Magnum for those wrestling with gators at the waters edge and collecting 15 foot pythons dropping out of trees! The 5.5" Medium version is a gentleman's knife in comparison, suitable for BBQ's and other social gatherings.
CS13UL_1.jpg

Haha, yea I did consider the 7.5" version, but it was more than twice as much money. Maybe if those ever go on sale someday. I think the 5.5" was $75 and the 7.5" was $189 IIRC.

This one I can vouch for ! :cool:
Have you used it cos it sure looks pristine.

I have one I bought aways back when they were first released and it's a bit scratched up from having been drawn and re-sheaved so many times.

I can certainly vouch for it being a fairly decent chopper for it's length and for a V sabre grind, and it retains a working edge for a noteworthy amount of time.

You've had yours for a good while now, how's yours holding up buddy?

Have you used it cos it sure looks pristine.

I have one I bought aways back when they were first released and it's a bit scratched up from having been drawn and re-sheaved so many times.

I can certainly vouch for it being a fairly decent chopper for it's length and for a V sabre grind, and it retains a working edge for a noteworthy amount of time.

You've had yours for a good while now, how's yours holding up buddy?
IIRC that pic was with little or no use , as many of mine are . I tend to take some pics when tools first arrive .

I did push this knife somewhat, to test the toughness , against end grain seasoned hardwood rounds . Didn't chopper any cement blocks or steel bolts .

Did good for hard wood . Great HT , IMO . Very little edge damage or deformation , with my limited use .

I also have 2 of the 3V Master Hunters , one of which performed well when battened thru tough old apple branches .

My hardest used Cold Steel , ironically, are 1055 steel , South African made , two hand machetes : Thai Machete and Chinese (War Sword) Machete .

These get used to chop out dense undergrowth and inevitably hit the ground , which is full of rocks . The steel is tough, but soft ,and will chip on rocks .

Last edited:
Back