Cold Steel Sale PSA

Tsujigiri

Gold Member
Can't tell you which retailer, but it's one of the two that has all the Cold Steel sales lately, specifically the one that sells gun parts. They just introduced an additional 25% off coupon for everything Cold Steel today, and it's worth a look. Some highlights:

9.5" Drop Forged Bowie for $36.04
Black Bear Classic for $145.43
Rajah 2 for $62.99
G-10 AD-15 for $101.99
Large aluminum Espada for $173.99

There are a bunch of others, too, some of them have sold out, others have sold out at the more discounted price but the code still works for backorders.

I know which retailer you're talking about. They're one of my favorite CS dealers, but beware their "sales" are often deceptive.

For example, they had the 3V Laredo Bowie listed for $214.99 for over a month when they are normally listed by that dealer for $399.99 (naturally I bought one for the reduced price). Now, they are offering the Laredo Bowie for an updated price of $340.66, apparently reduced from their original price of $399.99. The current 25% off promo reduces final sale price to $255.50. Still a great deal and one I would probably jump on had I not stumbled across the Laredo last month.

They're an excellent dealer, often offering the lowest prices I've seen on CS knives, but their best sales are often under the radar.

*fyi, the 3V Laredo is awesome. Totally worth the wait.

I know which retailer you're talking about. They're one of my favorite CS dealers, but beware their "sales" are often deceptive.

Certainly, I usually just use camelcamelcamel.com to gauge how good the sale is. It tracks historic pricing for products on a certain website named after a river, which are usually in line with pricing for other retailers. Some of the listings in this sale seem to be priced really well.

I think I was wrong about the backorder, though, it appears you can backorder sold out items but not at the sale price once they're gone.

Is the spine done properly or does it have the same grind problem as the 3V Trailmaster?
I neither own a 3V Trailmaster not am I aware of any issues with grinding issues on the spine. Could you elaborate?

For what it's worth, the spine on my Laredo looks clean to me.

The 3V Trailmaster is discussed in this thread:

Just received my 3V Trail Master, not the best grind, but I’ve had numerous Pre GSM with similar grinds. Probably about the best I could have hoped for without actually hand picking myself.

Certainly not going to complain about it! 3V Trail Master, it’s like a dream come true!!!!!

***edited to add

That false edge has gotten significantly sharper than previous editions! It’s not shaving sharp, but can cut paper at the right angle (not clean)….and was able to get a few pieces of hair off the arm.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed on mine that the edge where the top spine meets the sides was pretty sharp. I took a ceramic rod and smoothed it out you cant notice i did ,it but that edge was pretty sharp..

Now the FDE and OD 3V SRK's are on sale! Gave the black one to my son. In again! :p
As of Aug-Sept 2023, the 3V SRK models in FDE OD, and Orange are still on sale for $109.99. I bought one for my son's hunting gear and one for me, both in FDE. When I went back to get an Orange version for his survival kit, I lucked into a 25% off deal and bought one for $82.49. I'm pretty happy about tripping over a %25 discount on my way to buy a product I was there to buy anyway! BTW the 25% off deal was live very late one night, but gone the next day. Maybe an ON/OFF offer to drive slow sales periods?

As of Aug-Sept 2023, the 3V SRK models in FDE OD, and Orange are still on sale for $109.99. I bought one for my son's hunting gear and one for me, both in FDE. When I went back to get an Orange version for his survival kit, I lucked into a 25% off deal and bought one for $82.49. I'm pretty happy about tripping over a %25 discount on my way to buy a product I was there to buy anyway! BTW the 25% off deal was live very late one night, but gone the next day. Maybe an ON/OFF offer to drive slow sales periods?

I got the olive drab (3v) version for $96 shipped a few weeks ago. Still a steal at $110. Fit and finish was pristine, everyone should own an srk.

Back