Cold Steel Scimitar

How is this for a daily folder carry? I'm not as picky about folders are I am other stuff. Mostly I care about its ablity to hold and keep an edge, the look, and the lock. How does it fair on all of these?

i own one of these, it is fully serated, to be honest i really dont like it. the hilt doesn't seem like it would stop my hand from hitting the blade, The blade is made w/ aus 8a witch is at least better than some of thier other blade matirials but the knife seems awkward and i think they make a big deal out of the pommel when it isn't that special. while useing the knife i have disengaged the lock without knowing it and had some close calls. I would rather spend the money on a spyderco, benchmade, or one of the other cold steel folders provided it has a decent steel.

the liner lock is slippy? Is it placed so that gripping the knife, you could end up unlocking it? Are they all like that?>

I have had a plain edge for over two years. It has been relegated to the "storage" drawer because the blade developed too much play. I use a knife hard but I don't abuse them. It held an egde fairly well and sharpened easily.

When it is locked open. the lock is all the way over to the right and there is play between the liner lock and the base of the blade. I can see no way to adjust (a-la Spyderco eccentric pivot).

Back