Cold Steel SR1 a worthy purchase?

I've been wondering if anyone has put the sr1 though its paces I've handled it before and I really liked if for the price and a field knife. There is also the small issues of been hearing about the sr1 like stripping screws and bladeplay. Hows the s35vn on it? I Alfred have the srk in 3v and love it, I would love to have something simaler in a folding package

Many Thanks
Hector

I had one with a little bit of up and down blade play, the U.K. distributor were great and swapped it for me.
It's great, very solid. I haven't used it hard yet. Just opening parcels, cutting stuff etc.
I really like it.

I've been wondering if anyone has put the sr1 though its paces I've handled it before and I really liked if for the price and a field knife. There is also the small issues of been hearing about the sr1 like stripping screws and bladeplay. Hows the s35vn on it? I Alfred have the srk in 3v and love it, I would love to have something simaler in a folding package

Many Thanks
Hector
I just got one. Yes, it's totally worth it.

I love mine and haven't had any of the dreaded issues. I haven't beaten it up, but I've carried and used it at work for opening and breaking down boxes without any troubles (other than the blade grind being pretty thick :D). I'd like to get another one, but I'm waiting to see if Cold Steel is going to make any changes to address the issues so many folks here have had. Since I got a good one, I'm sure there are other good ones out there. I'd suggest going ahead if you really want one, but make sure you go with a place that's good about returns (BladeHQ, GPKnives, etc.) in case anything comes up. A good piece of advice regarding the screw issues that was mentioned in another thread is to realize that all the body screws thread into free-spinning barrel connectors inside the back spacer, so make sure you have two T6 drivers (one for each side to make sure the barrels don't rotate) and be very careful to make sure everything's aligned, so you don't start cross threading. :thumbsup:

Back