Cold Steel Tuff Lite and concept

4 words: Bad and ass and money and clip.

I got this pretty much free with eBay bucks, I think it was a wise decision. I was always interested by this one, but never to the point of purchasing. Now that I have it in hand I would definitely buy another if something ever happened to this one. The Tri-AD lock at its low cost, it is dependable and expendable all in a measure. In regards to my first comment, hopefully it isn't packed with dollars when it exercises its expendability feature.

I wonder though, the blade shape lends to a very keen, Xacto-like edge. I would like to see this blade in XHP. That blade shape having its edge last that much longer, I think it was born for a harder steel. How much you think an XHP version of the Tuff Lite would go for. I'd guess around $50.

Now on to the concept. Scenario: CS takes what I said just above to heart and releases a big brother of the Tuff Lite called, the 'Tuff' or the 'Tuff Edge' in XHP with at least a 3 inch cutting edge and the same thickness spine as the their normal folders, maybe give it a flat grind, maybe. What would you say to that?

The Tuff lite name already in itself sounds like its a lighter version of something greater.

Plus I heard the mini came out first, this would just continue the trend.

Yes, a 3 or 4 inch Tuff-Lite would be an impressive addition to this line of knives. Call it the Tuff-Lite XL or whatever but just make them available.

I actually really love my Tuff Lite and I'd like to see them do more things with the platform. Great as the Triad may be, I'd really like to see a slipjoint version. It seems like a design that would scale up really nicely and I'll happily join in the call for a Tuff Lite with upgraded steel. More handle colors, heck, throw some carbon fiber on with the XHP and make a beastly little gents folder. I really think it's very close to the perfect office EDC.

I prefer the Mini to the full-size. FFG would be great, and I'd probably spring for XHP steel. I'd really prefer tip-up carry with a smaller lanyard hole, though. If I was to go with the full-size I'd want it thinner (it's only slightly thicker than the Mini), FFG, 4-way carry, a rounded point on the tip of the divider between the primary grip and the choil, and a more pronounced edge angle like the Mini has.

I like the Mini Tuff Lite. Great for opening boxes & splitting pills. Amazing how something that small fits the hand so well.

I have to add my voice to the call for a larger XHP bladed Tuff. I have the Tuff Lite, and it is hard to fault it. The grip is as comfortable and efficient as one could ask for. Add another inch and a good wear resistant steel like XHP to the blade, and you have EDC perfection!

I actually really love my Tuff Lite and I'd like to see them do more things with the platform. Great as the Triad may be, I'd really like to see a slipjoint version.

In an unrelated search, I googled "handmade knife 9Cr14Mov", and found exactly that! Probably a Chinese made Tuff lite clone, and the way I see it, if Cold Steel wanted your dollars on that one, they'd offer a slipjoint, but they don't.

In an unrelated search, I googled "handmade knife 9Cr14Mov", and found exactly that! Probably a Chinese made Tuff lite clone, and the way I see it, if Cold Steel wanted your dollars on that one, they'd offer a slipjoint, but they don't.

I just searched it and it looks like it's actually a friction folder. Not a bad looking knife, honestly. Too bad CS doesn't make one like it.

Back