1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Cold Steel Two Handed Recon Combat Spatula

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Inkbender, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Inkbender

Inkbender

Feb 8, 2012
    Good morning friends :D

[video=youtube;EaWUQXx7u9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaWUQXx7u9w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

2. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    Handy for L.T. when he runs over a water buffalo calf in his jeep. :D

3. Inkbender

Inkbender

Feb 8, 2012
    ^ Hahahaha picturing this...

4. Phi Sig

Phi Sig

Oct 15, 2006
    Like Homer Simpson says, "It's funny cause it's true." They might use the idea.

5. Nullity

Nullity

Jul 28, 2002
    hahahaha

6. XiaolongJackson

XiaolongJackson

Jun 5, 2012
    Half the video is the guy actually using it as a spatula. If you take a look at their demonstration video for their shovel, you never see them actually use it to dig things, instead opting to cut rope and throw them at targets.

7. Mossyhorn

Mossyhorn Enlightened Rogue Platinum Member

Dec 6, 2009
    It looks like a fly swatter.

8. BellatorCordis

BellatorCordis

Mar 1, 2012
    If they made this, I might actually buy a Cold Steel...

9. Inkbender

Inkbender

Feb 8, 2012
    Do you really want to watch a rocking video of tactical digging? :D Haha I gotcha though...

... a combat fly swatter :thumbup:

Lol. In all fairness, I know CS can be an easy target. Maybe going out on a limb, but I'll say that I really do like the CS products I've purchased-- for the money, they've held up far more than their end in use. I also happen to think the Tri-Ad lock is brilliant.

On another note, in having entered the CS Challenge the last two years (stick fighting) and unexpectedly meeting L.T., his excitement about tools/weapons matched what I've seen in promotional vids of past. It wasn't like he was trying to sell me on anything, it felt more like he was as genuinely enthralled as any of us get about gear. I was too busy to pay attention this year, but last, he kept a beauty of a sword on his side the entire day. I didn't start with CS knives when I began acquiring blades nor does it end there, but I do appreciate. Oh and Mr. Jackson, the shovel throwing event was actually pretty cool ;)

10. djjonny

djjonny

Jan 11, 2012
    Good for a tactical BBQ :p

11. brandonc

brandonc

Mar 16, 2008
    I would not want to melt that black blade coating onto my steak :barf:

12. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Now that was funny! :DD

13. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Must... have...

Does it come with a sheath?

14. BellatorCordis

BellatorCordis

Mar 1, 2012
    Honestly, I have nothing against CS. I admit I have watched almost all of their ridiculous videos and have been thoroughly entertained. I'm just not a huge fan of their designs. Still, I recommend them to people who want a knife to abuse; they're cheap enough to replace and really tough as nails. If they made a combat grilling spatula, I would probably buy it in all seriousness.:D

15. Allen R.

Allen R.

Nov 1, 2011
    lol that was too funny...

16. Inkbender

Inkbender

Feb 8, 2012
    I believe it comes with a breakaway scabbard :cool:

Agreed. I'll add that my CS kukri machetes are BEAST with the yard work :)

17. Allen R.

Allen R.

Nov 1, 2011
    I want a folding spatula with the tri ad lock, about the size of the rajah 2 I guess so i can be prepared to flip some burgers or some heads.:D

18. proud2deviate

proud2deviate

Apr 5, 2004
    You use tongs for steak, silly. Splatulas are for burgers.

19. LeeBower

LeeBower

Aug 25, 2005
    I love the fact that CSKnives commented on the video positively.

20. Dr Heelhook

Dr Heelhook Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Makes me hungry.