Coldsteel Sold???

Got a question here that more experienced folks might be able to answer? Do you think the Cold Steel knives currently being sold by dealers were manufactured before the company was sold or after? What about CS knives that are currently on back order by dealers (knifecenter is one of them, claiming 7-10 days before shipping)? TIA

Got a question here that more experienced folks might be able to answer? Do you think the Cold Steel knives currently being sold by dealers were manufactured before the company was sold or after? What about CS knives that are currently on back order by dealers (knifecenter is one of them, claiming 7-10 days before shipping)? TIA
If they ship right away, I’m betting it’d be before. I noticed another member mentioned that the CS knife they bought wouldn’t ship until January, that would have me questioning if I wanted it.

Practically speaking, why would that matter? You think the manufacturing has already changed? Be serious.

Practically speaking, why would that matter? You think the manufacturing has already changed? Be serious.

I was/am serious with my question. With the turmoil of the ownership change and old staff let go, it's hard to believe that the production will not be affected negatively, things like delayed turnaround, lowered quality control, etc. I placed an order of AD15 at knifecenter a few days ago without thinking/looking too much and only later realized it's on back order, hence my question above.

Shocking news but hey it's a business after all. Hoping CS products will continue on with the quality and value ive come to expect although i won’t hold my breath. I will be holding onto my favorite models ive acquired and just might be time to get an XL espada as well to add to the collection. We shall
See what happens to the brand and products in due time.

Edit: just stuffed the XHP code 4 in my pocket btw :thumbsup:
209756ED-9DE6-46DA-9C02-C9CC6D67EB96.jpeg

Before they were sold. As for backorder stuff, some of these knives have been on backorder all year.

Shocking news but hey it's a business after all. Hoping CS products will continue on with the quality and value ive come to expect although i won’t hold my breath. I will be holding onto my favorite models ive acquired and just might be time to get an XL espada as well to add to the collection. We shall
See what happens to the brand and products in due time.

Edit: just stuffed the XHP code 4 in my pocket btw :thumbsup:
View attachment 1470807

Who did the engraving. It's very nice!

yep video is a good pr attempt to curb all the discontent. let see how they do with this...

I never like the 1980s styled fonts and art work cold steel used. any attempt to direct that a different way im good with.

Thinking optimistically, maybe we'll see quality levels remain untouched and the disappearance of outlandish, loud, and obnoxious branding on Cold Steel blade faces? One can hope. :)

Thinking optimistically, maybe we'll see quality levels remain untouched and the disappearance of outlandish, loud, and obnoxious branding on Cold Steel blade faces? One can hope. :)
prior to lynn selling out id have agreed 100%, now I'm not so sure I won't miss him and his antics.:D

Last edited:
Was that meant to read "not" so sure?

That’s really what i hoped for. CS took a bad turn in 2020 and started becoming Cold Steel Sword and Axe company.
I really hope they trimmed the stupid stuff, cut down on the XL niche products and start focusing on the tried and true formula.
One of my biggest criticism towards LCT is that he seems to just wanna make whatever he liked and I actually hoped for a better corporate governance on Lynn and that CS do a bit more market research.
This is one silver lining with this, assuming GSM would bring in more of the rigors on the market research and tone down all the loud BS(i.e. BROKEN SKULL!!! billboarding on blade). Of course they could always go the Gerber way, but we’ll see.

prior to lynn selling out id have agreed 100%, now I'm not so sure I won't miss him and his antics.:D

Got it. That makes sense, and I agree. I'd rather see Cold Steel continue making the worlds sharpest, strongest knives that are ready any time, anywhere, even if they have to have the word BROKEN SKULL (for example) screaming in your face. ;)

That’s really what i hoped for. CS took a bad turn in 2020 and started becoming Cold Steel Sword and Axe company.
I really hope they trimmed the stupid stuff, cut down on the XL niche products and start focusing on the tried and true formula.
One of my biggest criticism towards LCT is that he seems to just wanna make whatever he liked and I actually hoped for a better corporate governance on Lynn and that CS do a bit more market research.
This is one silver lining with this, assuming GSM would bring in more of the rigors on the market research and tone down all the loud BS(i.e. BROKEN SKULL!!! billboarding on blade). Of course they could always go the Gerber way, but we’ll see.

Irony it seems, as I only ready your post after I typed mine above. Hehehe. But who knows what the future holds for them at this point. It does sound pretty sad about all the job losses, especially in today's climate.

One of my biggest criticism towards LCT is that he seems to just wanna make whatever he liked
Huh, that's what I most appreciated. I can get a thousand knives of the same or better quality that are completely utilitarian with great materials, fit, and ergos. But the CS catalog was always the most fun to browse through. And at the prices of the time I could order most silly things without regret and still get something that wasn't butter knife steel - while also getting a voyager at the same time.

Well, past tense at least.

Couldn't disagree more ! What the hell is the "tried and true formula"?... boring little wussy knives like virtually every other manufacturer churns out? The attraction of Cold Steel was always the fact that they offered a huge range of products that no one else had the guts or imagination to produce.

Couldn't disagree more ! What the hell is the "tried and true formula"?... boring little wussy knives like virtually every other manufacturer churns out? The attraction of Cold Steel was always the fact that they offered a huge range of products that no one else had the guts or imagination to produce.
Well, feel free to disagree. But I suspect many more in the knife market agree with me. Enjoy your XL knives while you still can. I won’t miss it for sure. Sorry that hurts your feelings, give your XL knives a hug, you’ll feel better.

Back