Coldsteel Sold???

I’m a little more worried that this. Don’t you think someone would come in here and say one way or the other. I don’t know if I believe “no news is good news”

I’m a little more worried that this. Don’t you think someone would come in here and say one way or the other. I don’t know if I believe “no news is good news”

If you're wondering if this is true, it absolutely is. Cold Steel is now listed as brand on the GSM Outdoors website and the GSM Outdoors logo is now at the bottom of Cold Steel's website. Their HQ location has also changed from CA to TX.

Oh no, I understand it’s real. I was talking about a statement that the “mission” or their quality isn’t changing or something along those lines.

We all suspected it,they were doing some real boneheaded moves lately,especially Steel choices ,so sad.
they really did hit their peak about 3 yrs ago

Oh no, I understand it’s real. I was talking about a statement that the “mission” or their quality isn’t changing or something along those lines.

Ah, understood. Having been involved in these things in the past, they never say anything up front. They act all situation-normal for as long as possible. The fact there is no formal press release doesn't give a warm fuzzy.

That would be too bad. If they still want a presence here, I would volunteer to be their mod if they no longer have anyone. I know a mod is required, but not sure what the rules are regarding who can be that mod.
Unless I'm mistaken it's supposed to be an actual employee from the company... that being said however I don't believe that @EmersonREP actually works for EKI, so anything's possible.

Makes even more sense why now the containers of discontinued knives are going to be up for auction IN THE FUTURE.
A company being sold like this does not happen over night. I would LOVE to know the timeline, we will never know.
So did COLD STEEL lie AGAIN about 3v and 4034?????????????
I know where my wager is going. 3v NEVER to be seen.
Tune into Home Shopping Network for the latest Cold Steel sale of 100 knives for $40 and find out what is now available.
Cold Steel has been going down hill with poor customer service, badly designed sheaths, sales that aren't sales, quality control issues, a narcissist posting personal videos, for many many years.
A shame when a company does not listen to a devoted loyal fan base.
I LOVE my new Ka-Bar Becker BK9. Beats a Trailmaster any day.

Lots of stuff makes sense all of a sudden.
Lynn’s vault at the parking lot sale.
The last two videos on their YouTube channel. “It was never about a knife” or “the next generation.”
The fact that demko wouldn’t comment on the AD20 being a cold steel model.
Or even on those videos of Lynn on his ranch,
Talking about arrows he was thinking about selling.

Someone posted on Facebook the new Cold Steel warranty as backed by GSM.

Limited one year warranty.

They will probably ship in blister packs. And expect to see a lot more 'Cold Steel' liner locks.

That is a bummer. Seldom does a brand get sold and stay true to its history.

Hard to do business in Kali these days so I can see them moving HQ to just about anywhere else.

Back