Collectibility of Striders?

I wonder how this will turn out in comparison with some makers, like Emerson and what the strider guys think about it.

Just my two cents, but if you don't use them, I think you've missed the point.

My thoughts exactly, but some knives such as Emersons increase pretty well in value, I just dont want to ruin them and decrease their value.

I've heard you are supposed to use them until they get dull and then drop them on some unsuspecting terrorists!!

It might well be that sometime in the future when Strider knives are no longer available new, hordes of frenzied knife collectors will dash madly about searching the world over for Striders that haven't been "ruined" by using them -- and offering vast hoards of gold, jewels, and engraved portraits of dead presidents for an "unruined" Strider knife.

I hope they never find a single one.

They've probably started already, for models that are no longer being made. They've probably found some and locked them up in glass cases so they'll never be "ruined."

I hate those bastids.
frown.gif

-Cougar :{)

P.S. You know, there are stamp collectors who collect only stamps that have been used and cancelled. How about collecting knives that have been used?

There are gun collectors who shoot every gun in their collection (I'm one of those guys myself). How about collecting knives and using them?

:{)

Believe it or not, over half of the knives shipped each month go to collectors. What about that?

I don't think that using a knife would effect its value. Of course if you beat the sh*t out of it, that's another story. You wouldn't want me to use it for instance.

Time will tell on this one I suppose.

Ever Vigilant

MS

Post Script:
Don't you hate it when they edit your expletives!

[This message has been edited by Mick Strider (edited 11-01-2000).]

Back