Collecting Atc

Dusty One

Basic Member
I Was Woundering If There Was A Place To View Photos of Lagana Origionals And Early A.T.C. Productions ?

Dusty,
I can't seem to find it now, but the other day I stumbled upon a page of the old Lagana vietnam looking hawks. they look just like 'em only wooden. (pretty wicked looking, actually) I found it looking up 'used Lagana Tomahawks' on Alta Vista. Good luck!
P.S. You're a ATC fan or just a Lagana fan?

tommyhawk,
I collect both ATC and Lagana. And to many other things. How about you ?
Happy Holidays

Dusty,
I am really intrested in the abilities of the Lagana vietnam tactical Hawk, but for me, the look of my hawk is half of my intrest. I can really appreciate a mirror polished blade, and I love the old french-trapper and cherokee designs.
My ideal Hawk is the collecters grade 'minute man' poll tomahawk, simple, with nothing but blade on it. no spike or hammer.
I like the look of the early ATC hawks too, ESPECIALLY the original Lagana 'nam hawk, with that awesome wooden handle.
Do you get into ALL aspects of the Hawk? (throwing, chopping, fighting, collecting, etc.)
A merry, merry Christmas, I hope you get a hawk or two!

Collecting is my main interest , but I think I am going to order another VATC just to play with. As for fighting, one would come in handy if I run out of bullets.

:D
Dusty One,
If you are a collector, do you have one of the original ATC Light Infantry Hawks? Mine was hand forged by Bobby Branton out of laminated steel and a hammer pol on the back side.
I think they were called the "Light Infantry Hawk" . When Andy first started up the ATC he had the spiked hawk and the one like I got as choices. I have yet to see anyone here mention this hawk that I got from the original ATC when Andy and Bobby were working together.
Does anyone else here have one like mine?

Ron

Ron,

I had one of those "Roger's Rangers Light Infantry Tomahawks"...Hammer poll and all. It was too darn heavy to make a good "combat 'hawk", so it traded it-away and got an ATC Roger's Rangers Spike Tomahawk in it's place...I can swing the spiked 'hawk alot "better" (quicker) than I could with the "Light Infantry" one. Along with the spike being lighter-weight than the hammer poll, the blade of the spiked 'hawk is also under-cut (giving it a slight "hook"), making it lighter-weight than the non-under-cut blade of the "Light Infantry" model.

To me, the Light Infantry model is more of a "camp axe", where the Spike 'Hawk is more of a "fighting/tossing weapon".

RON,
No I dont have a light infantry hawk. It sounds like a good one and one you should hang on to. My main interest is the Vietnam Tomahawk just ordered another VATC this one I am going to play around with. Some of the older stuff is to expensive and rare to use. Happy Holidays

:cool:
Dann, and Dusty One,
Yes this is indeed a very heavy hawk and would have probably been carried on the saddle of a horse and used as a camp ax, however, I think that Andy could throw it and teach to throw it. Even if you don't get hit by the blade and due to its weight I think that someone would be knocked off their feet by just getting hit by it.
I wrapped my handle half of the way down with leather to cover up the "Rogers Rangers" brand just to protect it and it also came with a Kenny Rowe edge protector which is very well done.

Happy Holidays All,
Ciao
Ron
:D

Back