Photos Colorful Filth X Northern Knives: The Far Out Bugout! (Thought you'd enjoy!)

1604536646780_834A1217-480w.jpg

Hello BF! Long time lurker, first time poster here on the forums. I wanted to show off my latest collaboration with Alaskan knife company Northern Knives.

This is our 4th collaboration ever, and this time we have taken it up a level and added an entirely new segment to our process: Cerakote!

A little background on me: I am an artist and designer based out of New England. I got into the hobby of collecting knives a little over 2 years ago, and since then it has become less of a hobby and more of an obsession. I ended up getting in contact with NK over reddit and because of this, we decided to try blending my two hobbies into one, by releasing limited runs of "Northern Knives x Colorful Filth" collaborations.

This particular project is special because this was the first time we found a way to let my artwork not just cover the scales, but extend to the blade as well.

This bugout is fitted with Flytanium scales that have been anodized, engraved, and dual cerakoted to bring my concept into an actual tangible product. We even 3D printed a custom glow in the dark backspacer!

834A1170-2e84f77f-539e4e1b-51afa870-320w.jpg

The knife collecting community has been incredibly kind to me in supporting what I am trying to do here, and I really appreciate it with all that I have! When I first started paying attention to knives, I never thought I would have the opportunity to actually DO something in the realm that I enjoyed so much.

Really curious to hear your thoughts!

P.S.
Here are some close ups for you!

834A1249-1920w.jpg

834A1258-1920w.jpg

834A1259-1920w.jpg

834A1262-1920w.jpg

Thank you all so much for checking this out!

These Bugouts will be available until November 30th.
You can get more information here!

If you are interested in the weird stuff I have been doing lately, feel free to check out my instagram, or sign up to my newsletter!

Much love!
:)

Last edited:
That's awesome work, very detailed and looks really cool!

You may want to review the rules about posting links to dealers that don't support the site, you wouldn't want to get in trouble for your first post.

That's awesome work, very detailed and looks really cool!

You may want to review the rules about posting links to dealers that don't support the site, you wouldn't want to get in trouble for your first post.
AH. So sorry! Didn't realize that, I will remove the link right now!

No worries, I won't tell. :D

You do some really cool work, you might even be able to get a maker's membership and start getting some customers on here.

Do you use a laser to make your designs, or is it all done by hand?

No worries, I won't tell. :D

You do some really cool work, you might even be able to get a maker's membership and start getting some customers on here.

Do you use a laser to make your designs, or is it all done by hand?
How do I go about doing that?

So this is a combination of laser, ano, and cerakote! Multiple passes with each. i don;t actually do the mods, I just design them. NK does the actual physical work! (They're brilliant)

I just came across your Far Out Bugout on Reddit. Man that thing is beautiful. The colors are so vibrant. Too bad it’s sold out. I did sign up for your newsletter on your site and am now following you on Instagram so hopefully I won’t miss the next one.

I just came across your Far Out Bugout on Reddit. Man that thing is beautiful. The colors are so vibrant. Too bad it’s sold out. I did sign up for your newsletter on your site and am now following you on Instagram so hopefully I won’t miss the next one.

Hey, thanks for checking it out! Actually if you are still interested, I think NK may have had some cancelations. Feel free to email them, you may still be able to to snag one!

I sure hope you listen to Sleep!
and ifn's you haven't yet, might as well start now:

Cheers,

Hey Paul,
I just wanted to say that I was lucky enough to score one the last one of knives (#340) and I absolutely love it! I’ve always been a 940 guy, but this knife is so cool that I literally carry it every day. I know that some will say that’s stupid, but I have no intention of EVER selling this knife. I’m a Tom Petty fan, so I call this my “Free Falling” knife, lol! Love this knife. Love your art. Keep up the good work!

Hey Paul,
I just wanted to say that I was lucky enough to score one of the last of these knives (#340) and I absolutely love it! I’ve always been a 940 guy, but this knife is so cool that I literally carry it every day. I know that some will say that’s stupid because it’s too nice to EDC, but I have no intention of EVER selling this knife so I’m going to enjoy it. I’m a Tom Petty fan, so I call this my “Free Falling” knife, lol! Love this knife. Love your art. Keep up the good work!
0EA86BA7-13E0-48CD-B208-E625049FDA8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back