Combat/camp kukri

Well another knife finished:) ,overall length is 11 1/4" long,black and green G-10 handle scales,3/16" thick differentially tempered 0-1 blade
PICT0018-2.jpg
[/img]

That's interesting, a small kukri! But the reason I found it so interesting is that a few weeks ago an old friend of mine gave me a kukri just about the same size as the one you pictured. He bought it in Nepal where he watched them being made. He said these little guys would squat down on a dirt floor in a hut or shed and hammer them out right there in front of him! My friend told me exactly where this bazaar or trading post town is and that it's at the place where two trails meet, one from China and one from India I think he said. I wrote it down, but it's not right in front of me at the moment. This little outpost is where the locals from that large region come to trade and sell their wares. It's the last stop before Base Camp for the crazies that are about to climb Mt. Everest or die trying. My buddy said he climbed the mountain next to Everest because it was not quite as high! :D He's still a tough old rascal, too!

That's interesting, a small kukri! But the reason I found it so interesting is that a few weeks ago an old friend of mine gave me a kukri just about the same size as the one you pictured. He bought it in Nepal where he watched them being made. He said these little guys would squat down on a dirt floor in a hut or shed and hammer them out right there in front of him! My friend told me exactly where this bazaar or trading post town is and that it's at the place where two trails meet, one from China and one from India I think he said. I wrote it down, but it's not right in front of me at the moment. This little outpost is where the locals from that large region come to trade and sell their wares. It's the last stop before Base Camp for the crazies that are about to climb Mt. Everest or die trying. My buddy said he climbed the mountain next to Everest because it was not quite as high! :D He's still a tough old rascal, too!
Small kukri but rather useful around the yard:) ,thanks for sharing the story on your kukri,that's kinda cool to know the history of the knife:)
Also thought i'd post a few more pictures of it
PICT0017-9.jpg
[/IMG]
PICT0016-5.jpg
[/IMG]
PICT0015-6.jpg
[/IMG]

Back