Coming this Spring - KA-BAR Becker BK40 Folder

Oh yeah, that new OSF is, frankly, one of the least attractive knives I've ever seen.

I'm not a fan of pocket clips. I take them off.
If it wasn't all metal looking. I think the overall shape looks good. Interesting, at least. Mostly folders don't do anything for me. This One wants to be picked up at least....

My 40 came in today. It looks and feels like a perfectly fine, inexpensive working folder. Everything lines up and functions. I'm satisfied with it for what I paid. I'll have to make it earn its keep by helping to start some fires out by a lake or river.
:thumbsup:
"China" on the spine goes up my nose sideways, but I'll try to ignore that. Hell, probably half of what we buy these days comes from China, like it or not.

I’ve been carrying mine pretty frequently and love it! It’s not bulky in my pocket but I love the way the handle fills up my paw. The wide but thinly ground blade cuts like a dream! It’s a nice slicer for sure! Edge holding has been great so far other than when I found a heavy duty staple on a pallet at work. It sharpened back up very easy though so no real complaints there.

I got one for Xmas. Its ok. Too big to be a pocket knife. More of a pouch knife.

Mine had some blade play out of the box, but other than that it seems it will do its job nicely, coming from the tool box.

OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR , now that this has been out for two years, how about an upgraded version with better steel and micarta scales?

I understand it being made in America might be cost prohibitive, so how about Italy? LionSteel has regularly partnered with other companies; tight tolerances, upgraded steel, and beautiful micarta are right up their alley. Could be very cool!

Looks great but made in China is a solid pass for me.

i'm surprised it's not made in taiwan, which strictly speaking is not china :D

i should probably order, 1 or two. haven't bought a new Becker in years now.

a certain Beckerhead showed me this:
*No deal spotting allowed here*

it's like a RAT with a better lock. $20

it's a damn good knife too, hasn't gotten dull yet

Last edited by a moderator:
OFFICIAL_KA-BAR OFFICIAL_KA-BAR , now that this has been out for two years, how about an upgraded version with better steel and micarta scales?

I understand it being made in America might be cost prohibitive, so how about Italy? LionSteel has regularly partnered with other companies; tight tolerances, upgraded steel, and beautiful micarta are right up their alley. Could be very cool!
I don't have a problem with the steel it's made with. I think a heavier pocket clip would be nice. Is it reversible ? Besides the political issues with China , I have worked in the auto industry actually keeping induction heat treatment machines running hands on experience with Chinese steel leads me not to trust it to be what they claim it to be. I would buy one in 1095 or the current steel made somewhere other than a communist block country

Sounds exiting,, hope it's price will stay competitive.

I'd settle for aftermarket micarta handle upgrades for the current model :D

i'm surprised it's not made in taiwan, which strictly speaking is not china :D

i should probably order, 1 or two. haven't bought a new Becker in years now.

a certain Beckerhead showed me this:
XXXX

it's like a RAT with a better lock. $20

it's a damn good knife too, hasn't gotten dull yet
Respectfully, don’t buy Ganzo knives, they are notorious knife cloners. A quick look at offerings on Amazon and you’ll see clone after clone of many different manufacturers.

It’s the same bullshit intellectual theft as this BK2 ripoff:
*No deal spotting*

AVOID!

Edits after moderation:

1. Respectfully, I agree my comment deserved moderation as I provided a link to an unapproved site. I don’t think it is fair to refer to it as “deal spotting”; my verbiage proceeding the link is entirely opposite of suggesting that anyone should purchase it. Also, the link I provided was intentionally to an out of stock item. I am very much against clones; they are intellectual theft.

2. I removed the link still present in the post I quoted.

Last edited:
there is a vendor exclusive BK40 made with D2 that doesn't cost much more - gray scales instead of black and the texture is slightly different, so it feels more grippy.

there is a vendor exclusive BK40 made with D2 that doesn't cost much more - gray scales instead of black and the texture is slightly different, so it feels more grippy.
I’m pretty sure that vendor is a BF sponsor; it’s Knife Center.

Yes!!!

That would be awesome, It’s a great design.

Edits after moderation:

1. Respectfully, I agree my comment deserved moderation as I provided a link to an unapproved site. I don’t think it is fair to refer to it as “deal spotting”; my verbiage proceeding the link is entirely opposite of suggesting that anyone should purchase it. Also, the link I provided was intentionally to an out of stock item. I am very much against clones; they are intellectual theft.

2. I removed the link still present in the post I quoted.
I understand. :thumbsup: And thanks.

Blade Forums did a series of give-away's some time ago. I got lucky, in the swag pack was the folder. My usual box-cutter gets left at home when I go for a motorbike ride, cause the BK40 fits the bill so much better. Though, I was always a lock-back guy.

I love Beckers, own way to many. Will never buy a chinese Becker. Ka-bar missed the mark on this one, terribly. Maybe we can shame them into an American produced folder?
That'd be great, but I'd be happy with Taiwanese, like many of their other folders.

Back