Commander Question

Looking at the Commander with serrations, I'm inclined to think that the area of the blade that is not serrated can be sharpened by conventional methods, i.e. bench stone. Is this the case, or is there still too much recurve to allow this? Also, how easy is this knife to dissassemble and re-assemble? I'm considering the bead-blasted blade, but only if I can take it apart and hand-polish the blade without screwing up the liner-lock in the process of re-assembling it. Thanks, I know I'm getting annoying with all these questions!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by ptpalpha (edited 02-09-2000).]

I've taken apart my Commander many times with no problems with the lockup or liner lock. My friend sharpens his non-serrated Commander on a benchstone but its smaller than conventional ones. I usually use a Sharpmaker.

Jason

In regards to sharpening the Commander I use a set of DMT Diamond crock sticks then a stiff piece of cardboard to strop it. This has put a scary sharp edge on my knife.
Boomer

Fenris, that's good to hear. Makes me feel better about choosing the bead-blast finish. I love the black, but a nice hand-polished finish is near and dear to my heart. Boomer, I need to get some crock sticks. I guess the bottom line is you really can't do a good job on a recurve without them. Thanks, guys.

Back