Commission

avap04

Basic Member
I’ve been wanting to get a custom fixed blade for some time now but I can’t seem to find something that fits my preferences. I’m looking for a chisel ground fixed blade hopefully in cpm 154 with a decent coating and preferably within 200-350 price range. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks, that is almost perfect, I just need a chisel grind
I'm sorry... I must of misread or jumped to conclusions, I was thinking tanto, you wanted when I read chisel grind.

I've been wanting to try a few, but I haven't made any of those, yet.... They are not as popular, even though they seem kinda Cool.

*Good Luck I hope you can find one

I'm sorry... I must of misread or jumped to conclusions, I was thinking tanto, you wanted when I read chisel grind.

I've been wanting to try a few, but I haven't made any of those, yet.... They are not as popular, even though they seem kinda Cool.

*Good Luck I hope you can find one
Well if you ever try making one, keep me in mind!

Shoot me like a dm or something if you ever do and I might take you up on it
I'd use a different steel choice.... Idk what Your use or wants are Kitchen or tactical, or ???

(in My head I was thinking of a offbeat, warm comfortable, wood handled, palm filling edc made with either M4, or Wolfram Super.... Something that Can patina, something that will take a SCREAMING Sharp, fine edge. Something to fondle and think about long lost times.
Maybe osage, maybe walnut, maybe ebony?
-Not a common or popular kind of knife, but one I want.

I'd use a different steel choice.... Idk what Your use or wants are Kitchen or tactical, or ???

(in My head I was thinking of a offbeat, warm comfortable, wood handled, palm filling edc made with either M4, or Wolfram Super.... Something that Can patina, something that will take a SCREAMING Sharp, fine edge. Something to fondle and think about long lost times.
Maybe osage, maybe walnut, maybe ebony?
-Not a common or popular kind of knife, but one I want.
I my mind, the main purpose of a chisel grind is gonna be the ease of sharpening and care. I would go for. Tougher steel so the thin edge doesn’t chip or break at all edge retention is less important when all you need is a few passes on a stone and a strop. For the wood, I would go for something dense. Not too heavy but heavy enough that you can really FEEL the knife in your hand.

Something kind of like a mini cleaver that can fit in a small horizontal sheath

I my mind, the main purpose of a chisel grind is gonna be the ease of sharpening and care. I would go for. Tougher steel so the thin edge doesn’t chip or break at all edge retention is less important when all you need is a few passes on a stone and a strop. For the wood, I would go for something dense. Not too heavy but heavy enough that you can really FEEL the knife in your hand.
Or you could look at it the other way and go with a light build with a super thin blade profile, almost like a stiletto for non edc type jobs

Or you could look at it the other way and go with a light build with a super thin blade profile, almost like a stiletto for non edc type jobs
My style is simple/boring..... taller (height) not so slender, hard, thin, high performance knives... but Working knives. Not fancy, no bells and whistles.
full size, comfy handles..... again, Plain is Sexy to Me.

My style is simple/boring..... taller (height) not so slender, hard, thin, high performance knives... but Working knives. Not fancy, no bells and whistles.
full size, comfy handles..... again, Plain is Sexy to Me.
I agree partly, I think the more bling a knife has, the less of a work knife it becomes. I do agree wholeheartedly with the thin and high performance part. When you say tall, how tall to you mean?

My idea of a chisel grind knife would look like This.....wood handled, maybe some with micarta.
Edge ground on opposite side, for right hand primary.

*You would need to get a paid membership to allow for private messages to work out the details.
(I have a waiting list, too) Just saying........

Attachments

• IMG_20240405_142649345~2.jpg
    IMG_20240405_142649345~2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 4
Back