Common Sense Prevails

Grayslake teen has reckless conduct ticket dismissed
Honor student was suspended for having a multi-tool gadget in his jacket

By Lisa Black
April 17, 2008

A Grayslake teenager who went door to door to protest a police citation for leaving a multi-tool gadget at school had his ticket for reckless conduct dismissed Wednesday, though the prosecutor declined to return the source of all the commotion...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-teen-ticket_bothapr17,1,5593908.story

Edit: Here's a photo of the multi-tool that the prosecutor says is "capable of damage and possibly death.":

bbd3_1.jpg

It's hard to imagine anything being made by 'Totes' as a weapon. Next come the ninja slipper-socks and tactical compact umbrella.

I made my first knife trade in 2nd grade recess.Let's see in 1962.I guess things have changed a bit.Sad.

"capable of damage and possibly death."
And at that I would pull out a pair of scissors and say but this is much better at causing damage.
then I would pull out a pencil,
then a book,
then one of those sharp metal rulers I was always cutting something with in school,
then an eraser,
then the totes flashlight.
In order of most dangerous to least.

It is really pathetic, if he was really wanting a weapon, do you think he would be carrying that. He is probably smart enough to know that a screwdriver would be better than that thing.

You never know, if given a few minutes, he could of sawed thru some skin.

I'm more worried about a kid getting smacked with a bike-chainlock or a skateboard. We should ban them!

I live a stones-throw from Grayslake and wasn't aware of this event (until now). Never was impressed by that community and now even less so after seeing what they carry.

Back