Companies Similar to HI?

Tsujigiri

Gold Member
Just got my first knife from Himalayan Imports, and it's really different from what I'm used to. I was immediately struck by how manually created it felt (both the knife and the sheath). This thing looks like an artifact from a museum! The fit and finish aren't the same as you can achieve with CNC machines, but there's an indescribable old world appeal to something individually crafted. I'll be keeping my eye out for their other offerings. In the meantime, are there any other companies out there doing something similar to what HI is for other types of ethnic knives? I'd love to find a trustworthy source with reputable quality control for traditionally made knives from other cultures, like puukkos, goloks, parangs, jambiyas, balisongs, kris knives, etc. I don't mean modern interpretations of those designs or mass produced approximations, but ones hand made by artisans so each one is different.

Maybe TFW: TraditionalFilipinoWeapons.com . They're pricier than HI, but good stuff and many varieties of blades.

Like HI, it seems to be a single-owner business rather than a soulless corporate entity.

Their blades are very highly finished, but I think they are made by hand using traditional methods, though I can't be sure.

Back