Companion Unboxing and Specifications

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
This is the same thread as is posted in General, but I wanted all the pictures here too. I'll update this thread with more specs as well as pricing and ordering info in just a bit.
I am super excited to show off the first Evans Knife & Tool mid-tech, the Companion. This is just a basic unboxing thread. I grabbed the first knife/knives I came to, they weren't chosen specially for these pictures. I chose S35VN for this knife for its edge holding and superior corrosion resistance. This is a knife that can truly be your everyday Companion. More details are in my sub-forum, http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/913-Evans-Knife-and-Tool

Specs:
OAL: 6"
Handle: 3.125"
Tip to scales: 2.875"
Cutting edge 2.75"
Blade height: 0.75"
Thickness: 0.56"
Stock thickness: 0.125"
HRc: 57-58

I will have to find my digital scale, but I may have the weight written down somewhere. Lightweight enough for a neck knife without killing yourself, that's for sure.

Nice clean box. Pleasantly surprised. Wasn't sure how these would turn out.
0918151740.jpg

Foam covering the contents to keep them in place. Also did not know the box guys were doing this, but I appreciate it!
0918151741a.jpg

Now this one has upgraded carbon fiber scales. Black G10 is standard, but any upgraded colors also come with the black scales in a little baggie, like shown.
0918151741.jpg

I love this picture. Knife, sheath, and what's that little thing there on the side?
0918151741b.jpg

That's what it is! Dog tag/key chain/mini key/flat head screwdriver. Plus, a good looking logo, even if I'm a bit biased.
0918151742a.jpg

Sheath. No split rivets. Functional.
0918151742b.jpg

Finally, the knife! Clocked bolts, sexy scales, beautiful little knife.
0918151743.jpg

The pile side. The light was weird in the picture, but it says S35VN on the ricasso.
0918151743a.jpg

Butt shot. (No jokes, please. I've already thought of several.....)
0918151743b.jpg

Inside the tang. I love the finish contrast.
0918151743c.jpg

This jimping is interesting. Enough traction, but doesn't tear your thumb up.
0918151743d.jpg

The stone washing is nice and even. I thought about belt finish, since it is a user knife, but I think stone washing looks nicer and hides scratches well. By the way, that isn't a generic font signature. That's my actual signature. Every knife I sell has my signature on it. If my name's on it, I back it up.
0918151744.jpg

Again, no comments on my sexy legs. I know they are, it's my own private burden. We all have burdens to carry, mine happen to be uber sexy legs. Anyway......Sharp, right out of the box, like a knife should be.
0918151745.jpg

The family shot with all the color options.
0918151752%25257E2.jpg

Sorry for the shadows on this shot. My lights were in the wrong place. I'm better at knives than photography, believe me. Clockwise: G10 black, ghost jade, blue, red, purple, and woven carbon fiber.
0918151752a.jpg

I'd love to hear what you guys think. Feel free to comment here or over on the General thread.

Last edited:
Very nice. :thumbup: I like the green handled one.

What's the price going to be on them?

Edit: Nevermind, saw it on the other post.

Last edited:
Good for you. Great presentation of a sweetie knife. Love the ghost jade.
Best of luck with these. I'm out of contention for the time being but I do like :thumbup:

The jade has grown on me. I like all the colors, even the purple that isn't sure if it wants to be pink or purple. Lol

It is an extremely flat hollow. Almost flat, but you can feel just a hair of hollow. Basically perfect. Lol

Someone sounds like a proud dad introducting their new child to the world. Nice looking for sure, can't wait to see how one of these handle.

Someone sounds like a proud dad introducting their new child to the world. Nice looking for sure, can't wait to see how one of these handle.
While fun to produce, it wasn't quite as fun as producing a baby! Lol

You're going to love it! Please post a review thread in my subforum and the general forum. I'd love feedback.

Thank you to everyone who has picked up one of these. I know you have lots of options and I'm honored to be the one you chose.

I wanted to update. I have 10 black knives left on this run. The next run is in process, but I'm not sure the time frame. So, if you want one, get it now. I have three sets of blue and three sets of purple scales as well, the other colors sold out. I have more coming. The scales will likely get here well before the second run of knives, so if you want another color other than black, here's what I'm suggesting.

Buy a black knife, and let me know what color you wanted. Ill keep your name on the list and when the scales come in you'll be notified. I'll eat the shipping on the scale sets, so you won't have to pay anything except the cost of the scales.

Only ten knives left!

Brian a box arrived today, what a treat! I felt like it was my birthday! The knife was very well done also. Can't wait to use this little bugger, will keep you informed. Best Martin

Martin, I'm glad you like it. Feel free to post a review post in my subforum, the general forum, and some user shots in the sticky thread in the subforum.

Use it in good health!

Back