Comparisons Esee Izula 2

Hey guys so I just bought Bradford guardian 3 (n690 not m390) should be here tommorow!! But I've heard a lot of good things about the izula 2 and curious about comparison between the two.. and others. Also wondering about the 1095 on izula 2 and not 1095 steel in general,because heat treat and everything makes all the difference. Obviously n690 is better in general. And also wondering about the izula handle, one of the main reasons I didn't get the guardian 3.5 was because of the izula type handle. Any thoughts??

Just looking at the pictures both have a very similar blade shape, however the Bradford Guardian 3 is saber ground while the Izula 2 is full flat. Given the same blade thickness, the Izula is going to be a better slicer and the Guardian 3 would be more robust. Again, slicy-ness is only important for deep cuts in hard material, say, an apple. One might cut all the way down while the other will probably split it in half. Up to you to decide.

Coated VS non coated. Non coated cuts better as the coating does not drag. In my opinion, when coating starts to wear out, the blades look pretty crappy. I have a RAT 7 and RC4 as examples of fixed coated blades.

I don't know which sheath did you get for the Guardian (Kydex? Leather?), but Izula's sheath is plastic.

All in all I would say the Guardian is the more refined interpretation of that knife shape, while the Izula is the budget rougher version.

Never handled the Bradford.. But I do like my Izula II.. Fits my hand (large) and holds a good edge.. Handles great and comfy in my hand.. I am a fan of tool steels!! I do prefer my FBs to be flat ground.. JMO!!!:D
John

ESEE is a softer temper, thick knife for blade length. Quick to sharpen and relatively tough.

For something similar looking but slicier and stainless I would prefer the Enzo necker or bobtail, which in the UK can be had a lot cheaper than the Izula or Gaurdian.

Back