Compound Grind - S7 - 3-2-15 Update

Yummmm. That thing is delicious. Love that fuller too.

Much appreciated! i had to get the fuller pic... :D it really makes the knife. It is feeling nice in the hand, good balance for such a thick knife.

Any updates ?

I tapered the tang more yesterday and it is dead flat on my surface plates. Time to work on the scales today. Look out for more pics this afternoon! :D

I've been waiting on epoxy but found out it is backordered... I'm about to order some more now from a different supplier.

I'm getting closer on this one...

Signed~ I'm shaping the CF scales next... my epoxy was backordered but other than that this one is going very well! :cool:

Resist Applied - In this case it is glow in the dark sparkle nail polish. :D This will help keep the signature crisp during the acid wash process.

D need me to mail you my West coast epoxy/hardener?

You're the man Bobby... what's cool is I know you'd really do that. :cool:

I am making a call tomorrow morning and should have some here ASAP, it has been trickier than anticipated!

what's funny is I have some really good epoxy, it is made for laying up airplane wings but I don't think it has the shock resistance of the G-Flex. :eek: It's good enough for jets but not Fairly Knives!

Epoxy arrival?!

It finally shipped on Thursday via priority mail! It will still get here pretty quickly because most will only ground mail it...

I can still 2-day mineeeee :)

Thanks Bobby! You rock!

I had to fill out some paperwork for the D.O.D. with this order. :eek: I have Zirconium on the way and it's dangerous!

Zirc for some classy bolsters?

D I started on that project that I had PM'd you about. I can't wait to show ya. YOU rock dude :)

Killing me on this one. I can hear the Jeopardy them done by Metallica while waiting for progress.

Killing me on this one. I can hear the Jeopardy them done by Metallica while waiting for progress.

Same here! My epoxy is in but now I'm waiting on blaster parts... which were due Monday. (my gun died) I've been shoveling snow since then though... we got 24" in one day and 40" is in the forecast for the rest of this week. Wish me luck!

Looks good I like a black blade or stonewashed. Speaking of stone wash do you have to put a dumby handle on it when you put it in the tumbler to protect the spine?

Looks good I like a black blade or stonewashed. Speaking of stone wash do you have to put a dumby handle on it when you put it in the tumbler to protect the spine?

Thanks! With this one I'm going to stonewash then do the scales... I have a bit of extra metal on the perimeter so i'll be good. Two tone perimeter...

If one were to use a commercial tumbler for a while that would round the edges, my unit is pretty mild (HF small unit) so I just use it to finish not round/deburr as it really won't.

Also doing the handle and stonewashing later is something I will not do with some scale materials as it seems to round the glueup area or even mess up the scales in that spot. I like to glue-up then shape but you could attach the scales with screws, stonewash with a temporary handle (or just SW for a short duration) then reattach scales.

Back