Concealed Carry Gun or not...

I have two concealed carry permits - Idaho and Utah. I usually carry my Ruger LCP or Ruger SP101. Sometimes I just open carry one of my 9mm pistols (Glock or S&W).

How many of my forum brothers and sisters carry a gun for personal defense (besides their favorite RAT, of course)? What is your favorite carry gun and caliber?

I like the Browning Hi-Power in 9mm. I have little girl hands (dammit) and the Hi-Power's grip is very comfy. Doesn't feel like I'm holding a 4x4 post.

I too have 2 permits, Utah and Missouri. I got my Utah permit when I was 21 and carried for 2 years before getting my Missouri permit (for which you have to be 23). I have carried a gun every day since getting my permit(s).

Glock 19 (mid-size 9mm for those who don't know) was my first carry gun and still my favorite handgun. I will never part with it. Perfect balance of capacity and concealability, but it's big enough to shoot 600 rounds in a full day training class.

Next was my Glock 30 (compact .45 ACP). Just wanted a .45 ACP in general, not necessarily for carry. I carry it sometimes but it has never replaced my 19. It’s like an old friend.

Then in September I bought a Glock 26 (subcompact 9mm) and while it hasn’t replaced the 19 100%, I do carry it a lot. It’s just too convenient. 10+1 of 124 gr +P Gold Dot is pretty nice for the size of the package.

I also have a Smith Airweight 642 .38 Spl that I carried from time to time before I got the 26. Now that’s a “when I’m not carrying” carry gun more or less. Very rarely into the rotation is my 3” Ruger GP100 in .357. I carry it a couple days a year in the winter, but for the weight and capacity, I prefer to carry one of the Glocks for comfort of carry if nothing else.

Congrats on choosing to be responsible for your own safety. I greatly appreciate the work that law enforcement does, but when seconds count the police are only minutes away.

H&K USP 9mm Full Size. Sometimes in a bag, sometimes on my person. I like to change it up.

Ruger LCP, Kahr PM9 or S&W 442 in my RF pocket. Every day, all of the time, everywhere it is legal.

Springfield .45 XD Compact
IWB Strong Side
Like American Express....Don't leave home without it
Except at work, where I can't even have it in the car.:rolleyes:
And for those about to say, just have it anyway.....
I work on a Government owned facitlity. They can and do search vehicles.
Not worth the risk.

Last edited:
I work on a Government owned facitlity. They can and do search vehicles.
Isn't that ironic? The same government that is supposed to protect our constitutional rights is the worst offender!

XD40sc and a Walther PPS 9mm for back-up......they go everywhere with me unless signs posted. I usually don't patronize places that require me to leave my rights at the front door, however, sometimes ya need what they got:grumpy: Have also started to carry the HEST horiz. on the belt with a tekloc at 6:00.....so far, working pretty well.
JT

Glock 19 or Colt commander 1911...... MO CCW

heres my baby.... Colt Commander. All steel, mildly tricked out by me. 100% reliable, never a malfunction yet.

100_0195.jpg

100_0161.jpg

Last edited:
1911's in .45 ACP here - either my full size Springfield Professional model (Milt Sparks VMII) or the Commander-size S&W Gunsite (Kirkpatrick gun leather).

Regards,
Ranger325

Depends on my mood and how I am going to dress that day. Could be one of the following: Glock 19 (9mm), Glock 23 (40 S&W), Glock 30 (45 ACP) or S&W 642 (38 spl +P). Sometimes it is hard to figure out the one that goes with me.

1911's in .45 ACP here - either my full size Springfield Professional model (Milt Sparks VMII) or the Commander-size S&W Gunsite (Kirkpatrick gun leather).

Regards,
Ranger325

Sparks is well known as great leather, but Kirkpatrick makes some very nice leather and a lot of people haven't heard of them. ;)

Colt XSE full size 1911 with 230 gr Gold Dots in Milt Sparks VMII with 2 spare mags or a Glock 17 with 124 gr.+p Gold Dots in Milt Sparks SSII with 1 or 2 spare mags. I pray I never need to use it, but will if necessary.

Back