Conceled Knife Draw

Hello,

I am curious on two things,
How do you carry a knife (or gun) up in your sleeves and safely draw it WITHOUT injury?

Also I am trying to figure out how do I jack a knife out of a shirt sleeve by thursting my arm and letting fly into my hand.

Can a spring loaded sheath help me here? And what are the laws on conceled knifes in Ohio?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums, D7reamers!

Don't know anything about Ohio state law. But as a faithful reader of Blade magazine, I'm very aware that at least 3 of the municipalities of your state have positively Draconian laws about carrying knives. I mean they are really ridiculous. While it may well only be a few towns/cities, one cannot help but wonder if PC has run amuck in your state.

I'd strongly suggest that you find out the statutes governing the city/county where you live, and those cities you commonly visit.

One of the frequently discussed subjects here on the forums is trying to change the populace's notion that knives are only weapons. The word "tool" is stressed over and over again. There is no way you're gonna be able to persuade any LEO that knives or guns up your sleeves are anything but weapons. Frequently there are laws generically prohibiting concealed weapons. There is debate whether or not a knife on a pocket clip is concealed or not. Most knives can reasonably be argued to be tools first, with maybe a self defense potential, should that ever prove necessary. But, sleeve daggers are CIA-type crap that are purely for weapons, and presumably, silent killing.

I think you'd be a lot smarter, and safer from the law, if you thought about carrying pocket folders that have some tactical capability, than to go looking at hideout stuff. Now, maybe your state gives out concealed weapons permits freely. My own state recently changed their concealed weapon to read concealed pistol.

Suggest you take your time, and use the search feature and look up previous threads about the subjects you're interested in. Maybe you'll be convinced to approach the whole subject from a different angle.

Off my soapbox.

Thanks you for telling me about the law in Ohio, my law book is outdated. So that why I asked.

And yes, knives are not ONLY weapons, they are very useful tools too.
I carry a quater of an inch swiss knife for a key chain most of the time.

But I still want to know how it's done, just for sake of knowlege.

Welcome to Bladeforums! We have a lot of different forums at this website, each with a different topic.... I'm going to move this thread to the Practical Tactical forum and answer the question about sleeve carry there.

There's also a Knife Laws forum, in the General category. You could post the question on Ohio laws there, or ... I'm going to try to put a copy of this thread on that forum -- I'm not sure if that'll work, though; it'll be the first time I've tried that feature of the new software. Keep your fingers crossed.... :)

Bugs said:

Don't know anything about Ohio state law. But as a faithful reader of Blade magazine, I'm very aware that at least 3 of the municipalities of your state have positively Draconian laws about carrying knives.

3? The thread Dennis linked to mentions Akron and Cuyahoga Falls. What is the 3rd? Or were those even 2 of the 3?

Any word on Columbus? I know there are a couple of regular posters who live in Columbus and seem to carry reasonable knives without evident fear of running afoul of the law under normal circumstances.

Paul

Back