Photos Condor 88 SSG Folding Lockback knife by Seizo Imai

Is anyone familiar with this Condor knife, made by Seizo Imai from Japan.

It is a folding lockback with a 3.5" blade and a 6.5" over all, open length.

It has a dark hardwood handle of some sort, not sure which wood was used.

Here are some pics:

48855467471_39c9d0fe24_h.jpg

48855664502_95a8b72fd1_h.jpg

48855110083_767be23f9f_h.jpg

48855108598_ced2d5cd40_h.jpg

48855468196_ac3dd9824f_h.jpg

48855110438_fc9b09ffc2_b.jpg

I know Seizo Imai was a famous knife maker and tradesman. Certainly in Japan, and with the numerous companies that asked him to design knives for them, perhaps world wide. So I am interested in knowing exactly what I have.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing mack.

Condor was a knife company created by Philip Hoffman. He created and designed Lakota Knives as well. Originally they were Cheyenne knives and 4 or 5 models were produced (under 200) before they were sued for a cease and desist order came as the name Cheyenne had already been used as a model by a large manufacturer. Hoffman was forced out of Lakota knives and created Condor. This knife was a more refined version of the Lakota lil' Hawk. A little smaller but highly robust knife. Both used AUS8 steel. The handle is linen Micarta. Originally came with a cordura sheath lined with polypropylene. Yur knife was the 4758 knife made on the original tooling.

Thanks. I had found most of that out through my own research...but it took a while and I appreciate you responding. I was selling the knife and ended up taking $80.00 for it. Good knife...but I have so many and needed to clear some of them out.

I have a Lakota Teal that is an excellent small EDC. I also have the 83ssg like the one you show (patent pending model). I am beginning to favor the Condor 83ssg as my EDC pocket knife. I also have a Lakota Finwing post patent. My prize however was an accident around 1978-1980. Home from college and needing a heavier knife for elk hunting I traded for a belt knife. Gave the guy a small Kershaw folder and $15 for it. Made a sheath and carried it all these years. Long story short I was in a store one day and saw the exact same knife but was marked Lakota Hawk. Mine said Cheyenne Hawk. I reserched all I could and eventually wrote Mr Hoffman and asked what I had. I was curious if it was an illegal copy. NOPE! He wrote back telling me the history behind it. It is one of the few released with the Cheyenne Hawk label before the cease and desist order had been issued. Best knife I have owned and I have had some dandy's. Holds an edge as well as my Bob Crowder custom. Not finished and detailed as well but they didn't go for $350 either.

Back