Confidence

OK Pappy. I got you now. I got a .45 acp and a Khuk by the bed. before small kids I had a .41 mag double or a 45 Colt single action. The kids can't rack the slide on the auto. I never did go in for the 'overpenetration' arguments against the bigger revolvers. Like you, if I ever had to pull one, it was going to count. I saw what a hornady 210 gr .41 did to a deer.

munk

In between my tours in the Corps, I spent 4 yaears as a Deputy in Shasta County Calif. I had to go investigate a suicide attempt that went bad for the guy. He was a big man or he ouldn't have gone very far but he was in a neighbors front room on the hardwood floor. When I walked in the door helooked up at me and said "Deputy it hurts like hell." I thought to myself "You dumb A$$ I can't understand why."

Monk, the entry wound was slightly bigger than the .44 bullet with an area of tissue damage a deep purple about 6-7 inches across. the exit wound I don't think you would even believe. I could have put my fist in there pretty easy. The tissue damage was phenomenal. Close to the spine was blue and around to his side was the same way except where there was nothing.

I found out from the doctors at the County Hospital that he blew away a kidney and was lucky to live through all the damage. What all the medical people that I talked to said was that a smaller man would probably no have made it.

They don't load the .44's from the facory the same anymore because of the wimps that have tried to use the older loads and can't handle them. Then went crying to the factory about hurt wrists and so forth. I get mine from an older couple that load them pretty good. Yea, I like it and the .45 with 260 SWC's in it. They cut a pretty good hole.:D :D :D

I don't recognize much of Cal anymore, even Shasta County has changed. (it's still pretty neat.) Your story is as bad as they come..unless of course the guy had kids and would do that to them. "Daddy blew his kidney out today."

I worked in a hospital as a nurse for a long time. An illegal alien got his foot caught by a train wheel. The bones and tendons were still there, but all the flesh on the top side was missing. Like an erector set foot, or that possum we see posted in another thread.

I didn't feel sorry for him. He had a 'screw you all' attitude, he'd sneak smokes even though he had a collasped lung, which would collaspe it fresh and create more medical procedures, and was happy to see the bills paid in full.

I've seen a few succesful suicides and what it did to the parents.

ONly pulled a gun once in my life, Pappy. Didn't have to fire. Iwent outside to see what went 'thunk'. "Don't shoot, Mister." It said.

munk

Back