Review Consider the Leatherman Juice this Xmas.

Is the Corkscrew out of place on the Juice?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I decided to do a quick review video on the Leatherman Juice after owning it for 15 years.
Like all Leatherman products, this thing is tough as nails. I know there is a lot of information out there on the Juice, but not many people still have the old SC2.

[spam link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't drink any kind of alcahol, that's why I don't need a corkscrew.
If a caplifter is a fold away implement on a Vic or a multitool I can live with it because it's also going to be a screwdriver, but a corkscrew you've gotta find other things you can do with it.

Dont forget to grab one of Leatherman’s new Small Nylon Sheaths for it. The Juice finally has a proper sheath. Fits like a glove

Almost got the orange juice but got something else instead. Definitely in the bucket list.
For those who carry the juice, could you carry it in the coin pocket? Looks like something that could be done, since it seems shorter than regular SAK.

For those who carry the juice, could you carry it in the coin pocket? Looks like something that could be done, since it seems shorter than regular SAK.

IMO, the Juice is in that tweener size. For me, it is too heavy and fat for front pocket carry and too short for rear pocket carry. I generally don't care for tools (or anything) in my coin/watch pocket as it interferes with pocket access for me. I would guess it would depend on the size of your coin pocket and your tolerance for bulk there.

I find the ideal application of the Juice is for carry in an EDC bag. It's about the same weight as my Blast and the Blast gives me locking tools and a much better grip and bigger plier heads. Better all around. But the Juice ends up in my EDC bag more often just because its smaller size takes up less space.

This is why I think the cork screw is acceptable for the Juice. If we're away on a weekend outing, it's the tool most likely nearby in my day pack and yes, occasionally the people I'm with want wine.

I would say that I would swap the corkscrew for a metal file, but actually, I would swap the knife blade for a metal file. I carry multi-tools as a compliment to an EDC knife, not as a replacement for a knife. The knife blade on my Juice is almost never used.

It's definitely too large for a coin pocket. A sheath is the way to go for EDC. I agree that the blade isn't spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. The S30V blade on the Charge TTi blows it away.

I would really love a (coin)pocketable multitool with pliers, phillips driver and knife blade. That would be my ideal work knife.
That’s also I liked and considered the leatherman skeletool but it’s a bit too wild looking and large for my tastes.

I think Leatherman is missing a market niche for a pocket friendly pliers based tool. I'm thinking of something with the Juice style pliers head in the classic heritage style frame like the old PST and Micra. In my perfect fantasy, it would be 4 oz or less and just a tick thicker than a Micra and with the Micra tool set with small folding scissors added.

This would be a useful companion to a large EDC knife or an alternative to a slip joint SAK type pocket knife.

I would really love a (coin)pocketable multitool with pliers, phillips driver and knife blade. That would be my ideal work knife.
That’s also I liked and considered the leatherman skeletool but it’s a bit too wild looking and large for my tastes.

You're describing the Squirt PS4. It's a bit small for my tastes for EDC but it would easily carry in a coin pocket.

Me too. As I noted above, I would love the Juice pliers heads in a smaller, thinner legacy-style frame. Something between the Micra and PST.

Me too. As I noted above, I would love the Juice pliers heads in a smaller, thinner legacy-style frame. Something between the Micra and PST.

Why have they not yet realized that there is actually a market for such a tool.

They need to make a quality version of this, maybe not exactly but definitely along these lines.
simple image host

If a multi tool is bigger than a pocket carry tool, it might as well be big enough to be useful, just a little larger than what you are describing. The Squirt PS4 is small enough and so is the Juice CS4 but the CS4 is too heavy because it is well made. You have said the Squirt is too small so go with the Juice CS4 and carry it in a holster and be happy. It isn't often a company makes a tool built that well.

It's a real shame the company is so anti gun though. They do make good tools but I just cannot support their liberal political beliefs.

It's a real shame the company is so anti gun though. They do make good tools but I just cannot support their liberal political beliefs.

Did not know this. Glad the ones I have were bought used.

Where is that SOG Paratool....

Back