[Contest] Any love for the Fehrman Thru Hiker?

Rotte,

Just wanted to say that it's real generous of you to give up a great blade like that:thumbup:...

Very interesting, I just got mine, and love it! I'm comparing it to the Becker Necker, and it's a very interesting comparison. The handle fits my hand perfectly, but I have medium sized hands, YMMV. Sorry you don't like it, hope you can find something more in your area of interest!

It seems oddly tactical for a hiking knife.

I need it in case I ever go hiking on the Klingon homeworld.:D

Sorry you don't like it, hope you can find something more in your area of interest!

Have no fear on my account! ;)

I have to assume that it works well for many people; it's obviously been a popular design. I certainly thought it would be a great knife for outdoor use. It's low profile and not overly heavy; seems like it would be easy to pack or lash to a fishing vest. Just doesn't fit my hands. Otherwise, an excellent blade.

It doesn't seem that I'm being particularly generous, not to me anyway; I'm just finding this baby a happy home. :thumbup:

Well, I'd love to get another blade in 3V. It's an awesome steel but knives made out of it are way too expensive for me to afford. I had one of the first run Koster Bushcrafts and it was great but unfortunately I had to sell it last year since I needed the cash.

I'd love to try out 3V, I also believe this would make a solid and efficient bushcraft knife. Based on my hiking experience this would be all that is needed for hiking together with an hatchet. If ergonomics didn't suit me well, I'd make a handle that filled the gaps with either micarta or stabilyzed wood, then shape it to my liking. Blade shape is just right.

Thanks for the chance Rotte.

I've always wanted to check out Fehrman's quality, I've never used 3V and I have reservations about it and that looks like a decent design with a choil that lets you choke up on it for finer work, plus I'm currently looking for a usable necker for outdoor use.

I would love to try out this knife for a few reasons. First off I would love to test out a new type of steel especially one of this quality. Second off i am beginning to make my own kydex sheaths so i could bend one for this guy. If you were to pick me i assure you it would go to a good home. And of course a review would be posted. Thanks for the chance

Mike

Looks like a great edc to me. With that bad boy and a good axe it seems like all my bases would be covered.

I could really use a relatively thin, flat knife. Lots of times I wear beltpacks, daypacks and other gear that straps on. Routing the belts and straps around a thick knife can sometimes be annoying. A knife that would carry thin or out of the way on a neck lanyard would be very handy.

Thanks for the chance!

DancesWithKnives

I need that knife because my girlfriend would be pissed when it came in. She would ask me how much I paid and I could tell her it was free. There would then be a very good chance of her being extra nice to me since she was mad for no reason. Thanks for the chance to win!

OK, the winner is....

bmgillies

Very generously, bmgillies wanted Caine to send it to his step-son who is going to Iraq. :thumbup:

Caine, send me a pm with your shipping address and we'll get this moving for you.

I need that knife to protect the mother of my first born. Or something!

OK, the winner is....

bmgillies

Very generously, bmgillies wanted Caine to send it to his step-son who is going to Iraq. :thumbup:

Caine, send me a pm with your shipping address and we'll get this moving for you.
good call!
congrats!

OK, the winner is....

bmgillies

As much as I wanted it, THAT is where it should go in my opinion! Great job!:thumbup:

Ahhhh, Guys!! My roof is leaking!!! We've had a lot of snow with mild temps and I think the gutter is frozen up. As a result water is tracking back through the roof--probably the flashing--and is leaking in through a Window frame. Aaaaaaaarrrrgh!

Does it snow in Iraq?!?!?

Anyway, I'm glad we can get this to Caine's step-son. I hope it serves him well as he serves us. Thanks for playing along and a big Thank You to bmgillies and his selflessness!

I have a Swamp Rat I'm planning on giving away next time....

I hope the leak isn't bad. If I was west of the Mississippi I'd head over to give you a hand.

I hope the leak isn't bad. If I was west of the Mississippi I'd head over to give you a hand.

Thanks proT. After a roll of duct tape, some plastic sheeting, and a coupe of buckets, I've got a collection and storage system rigged up. Just have to wait for the spring thaw to get up on the roof and inspect the flashing......We need a new forum: Suburban Survival & Skills. :eek:

Back