Cool finds?

Hey guys! ^_^

So after long searching, I have finally found a tiny enough pen to fit in the steel holder on my Victorinox pouch! :]

20180610_172806.jpg

20180610_172955.jpg

20180610_173021.jpg

And it even extends to sort of a normal pen length.

How is everybody today? :] What are some of your coolest knife related gadget finds? ♡

I hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend! ^_~

~ Sparkly

Probably this which I picked up a week ago for $1 and change at Goodwill. ( I forgot already but I wanna say it was $1.89 )

It's a fishing knife with gut spoon produced for and imported by the Art Ullis Inc hardware company out of Tacoma Washington sometime in the 70's.
Made in Sweden most probably by Morakniv, known as Frost's Mora at the time I believe.

I had never seen one of these spoon handled knives in person that I can recall but knew exactly what it was when I saw it and couldn't pass it up for under $2.

Btw those zebra pens are popular with those who want a compact pen.

how is everybody today? :]
It seems like everybody is out side doing . . . stuff.
At home on the couch wit the air-conditioning is where it's at. (I'm out commuting on my bicycle everyday so it is nice to take a break from all the bustle).

That IS a nice looking rig you have there. I like it.
I was thinking a Space Pen would fit in that holder but then probably half would get stuck in the holder and be a problem.
It looks like you found a great solution.
Which Zebra pen is that ? I have one Zebra pen, an F-701, that I like quite a bit.
What are some of your coolest knife related gadget finds? ♡
Well I don't know how knife related it is but this littlest pair of German made Knipex brand pliers blow me away with how great they are.
They are called a "Pliers Wrench". Mostly they are an adjustable wrench that also act as pliers. The trick is the jaws move parallel to each other as one squeezes the handles. They are one of the hardiest things I own and I have some gems.

They are knife related because they hang on the side of my work pouch that holds my SAKs.

I originally learned about these when I was working at a high end auto repair place (Mercedes, Porsche, Audi etc) and the owner had them in his SnapOn tool boxes. I HAD to get my own. They were much larger than the ones in the photo. Then I started wishing for smaller ones and the smallest one shown was not available in the USA. I ordered it from Europe . . . and now I see them available for sale, at least mail order, in the USA.

Hahahaha . . . so that is my contribution to the world.

Keep sparkling !
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_3259.jpg

I found and bought that exact pen for my wife in an airport in Japan a few years ago. It fits in her wallet.

At home on the couch wit the air-conditioning is where it's at. (I'm out commuting on my bicycle everyday so it is nice to take a break from all the bustle).

I was thinking a Space Pen would fit in that holder but then probably half would get stuck in the holder and be a problem.
Which Zebra pen is that ? I have one Zebra pen, an F-701, that I like quite a bit.

Well I don't know how knife related it is but this littlest pair of German made Knipex brand pliers blow me away with how great they are.
They are called a "Pliers Wrench". Mostly they are an adjustable wrench that also act as pliers. The trick is the jaws move parallel to each other as one squeezes the handles. They are one of the hardiest things I own and I have some gems.

They are knife related because they hang on the side of my work pouch that holds my SAKs.

I originally learned about these when I was working at a high end auto repair place (Mercedes, Porsche, Audi etc) and the owner had them in his SnapOn tool boxes. I HAD to get my own. They were much larger than the ones in the photo. Then I started wishing for smaller ones and the smallest one shown was not available in the USA. I ordered it from Europe . . . and now I see them available for sale, at least mail order, in the USA.

Keep sparkling !
View attachment 922730
View attachment 922736

I have that exact pair of Knipex. They are awesome, and would work great for bicycle repair as well.

Keep sparkling !
View attachment 922730
View attachment 922736

Well, it is very doubtful that anyone could mistakenly think you disapprove of Sparkly’s new pen/knife holder. Lol

Keep sparkling !
View attachment 922730
View attachment 922736

Hey Wowbagger Wowbagger ! ^_^ To the question of which kind of Zebra pen it is - I'm pretty sure it is called a Zebra SL-F1. At first it is a tight squeeze, but fits perfectly once the leather stretches a bit! Trying to keep sparkling today in 97° weather. :oops:

Probably this which I picked up a week ago for $1 and change at Goodwill. ( I forgot already but I wanna say it was $1.89 )

It's a fishing knife with gut spoon produced for and imported by the Art Ullis Inc hardware company out of Tacoma Washington sometime in the 70's.
Made in Sweden most probably by Morakniv, known as Frost's Mora at the time I believe.

I had never seen one of these spoon handled knives in person that I can recall but knew exactly what it was when I saw it and couldn't pass it up for under $2.

That is the coolest find ever, Hickory n steel Hickory n steel ! ^_^

Btw Sparkly, nice setup you have there. I would like to get a nice pen for myself, but my wife would probably confiscate it soon after I bought it.

Btw Sparkly, nice setup you have there. I would like to get a nice pen for myself, but my wife would probably confiscate it soon after I bought it.

Hey thanks P Pointy81 ! I think it's going to prove pretty useful :)

Edit:

20180610_192023.jpg

I liked the black one so much I just ordered a gold one for with my SwissChamp! I think it will look nice in there ^_^ And because I chose wood scales for my SwissChamp it does not have the mini pen with it. They aren't too expensive. $4 something w/o shipping. ♡

Last edited:
Nice rig Sparkly. Always need a pen handy. I have one that fits so tight in my shirt pocket that it rips holes in my shirt trying to remove it. Something wrong there.

Cool find. I used one of those while salmon fishing until it had been sharpened down like a toothpick, as well as a similar one with a plastic handle.

It's a Parker ballpoint pen. (I sometimes forget brand names.) My favorite brand for general use. I hate to pry up the clip to loosen it if you know what I mean. I like nice pens, but I have not allowed myself the luxury of space pens and so forth.

Was thinking this thread should be in the gadgets subforum. Moved now. I got dinged once for starting a thread in the wrong forum. Guess the moderator didn't want to move it and felt I should know better.

Last edited:
Same make ?

Not sure. I didn't pay much attention to knife details at the time, and the knife was already the oldest one on the boat when I started using it. The newer ones had white or neon orange plastic handles. I remember the blade on the wood one being a lot more stiff than the newer ones.

Not sure. I didn't pay much attention to knife details at the time, and the knife was already the oldest one on the boat when I started using it. The newer ones had white or neon orange plastic handles. I remember the blade on the wood one being a lot more stiff than the newer ones.
Sounds like the Dexter Russell Cut and Gut.

Back