"Cool Hand Luke" Paul Newman Dead at 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTR357

Gold Member
I just heard this on the news.He was one of my favorite actors of all time.
May his family find peace in his passing.

He'll always be Cool Hand Luke to me.Prayers & kind thoughts go out to his loved ones.

"I can eat 50 eggs":)

Good bye Paul:(......Rest In Peace

condolences.jpg

Paul-Newman---Cool-Hand-Luke-Photog.jpg

paul_newman.jpg

9837540_gal.jpg

Last edited:
Wow - What a great actor, he'll be missed.

My personal favorite was The Hustler.

He had a home here in Toronto and shot a movie or two here as well. From the folks I spoke to who met him, he was the nicest, most modest and friendly man you can imagine. And, so the women say, incredibly handsome.
His list of good deeds and charitable works is very long and even though I disagreed with his politics, his good intentions were matched by good deeds we should all admire. And in a Hollywood culture of selfishness he was one of the very few who had a stable and loving marriage that lasted. The world lost a very good man.
I am sad at his passing and wish his family all the best, "HaMakom Yinachem"

I figured it wouldn't be long,the last time I saw him he didn't look good.Besides being a great actor,he was an accomplished racer and car owner.I always loved Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.RIP Paul:(

yeah he was one of my favorites, do yourself a favor, if youve not seen "Hud", rent it and watch. In my view his best and most overlooked movie.

RIP Mr. Newman!! He was one of my favorites too!! This is sad.

I hope that his family will keep up with the Newman's Own product line. That line donates a lot of money to good causes.

An iconic movie star and talented actor.
A caring and generous man, who never seemed to place himself above others.
He lived his life well, may he rest in peace.

One of the great, and under-rated, cowboy actors of his generation. "The Left Handed Gun" , "Hombre" come to mind. Paul was one of the good guys.

R.I.P.

I hope that his family will keep up with the Newman's Own product line. That line donates a lot of money to good causes.[/B]

All profits from "Newman's Own" products went to charity. Over 250 million dollars.:eek:

I didn't always agree with his politics, but I can't say he didn't put his money in the places where it was badly needed. Can't think of another who gave back so much to people he never met. A good man by any account, and a master of the acting craft. He will be missed.

Paul Newman never let his fame and fortune go to this head. 20 years or so ago, my youngest brother was driving a tow truck for AAA in southwestern CT. He got a service call and, when he pulled into the driveway, this vaguely familiar guy comes out of the house in a holey teeshirt with a beer in his hand. Yep - Paul Newman. He offered my brother a beer and gave him a 5 buck tip for a routine call. What a great guy! :thumbup:

Newman's true colors are shown by his philanthropy. His Newman's Own line and Hole In The Wall Gang camp for sick kids are the true measure of the man and will continue to be so for many years to come.

I hope that his family will keep up with the Newman's Own product line.

Yeah mostly good stuff but holy crap put friggin shaker tops on the salad dressing lines will ya? :D

Lot of good movies I think his best work was in "The Verdict" and "Nobody's Fool".

All profits from "Newman's Own" products went to charity. Over 250 million dollars.:eek:

I was going to bring that up. That's a feat that takes some doing, and I can't imagine the good it's done.

A great guy, a racing fanatic (and good driver) and a philanthropist. What more could you ask for?

And that's not even to mention that the Newman's Own cereal they sell at Costco is some of the tastiest there is.

RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back